2019 Corvette ZR1 w/corsa vs Tuned BMW M6 - 1/2 Mile Drag Race -

blk02edge

Established Member
Deserved to get destroyed for being so ugly.

I was looking at one of the magazines comparo of a ZR1 vs GT3 and they made the point that a Zo7 Zo6 will out track a A8 ZR1.
I hope you mean out straight line a zr1. Cuz no way in **** does a z06 put out a better lap time than the ZR1

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Of course aero is important. But most people just toss around the term, not really understanding what goes into it. Frontal area is a large component of drag, and I'm pretty sure the M6 has a lot more of it. Plus, it probably has it's own aero elements, they're just not as visible as that ugly ass wing hung on the back of the ZR1.

So yeah, aero played a part. But, probably not as much as you might think.

You could see it starting to brick hard roughly half way through and being designed to get as much down force at as low speed as possible I think this is a special situation and probably played a big part. The ARC guys can get away with a lot of it being an proven chassis and there's a blue one that absolutely ass rapes in the half mile and the speed variance wasn't that much between him doing it spoiler and spoileress and optimized to almost perfection. The ZR1 is still teething and when it hits that 130+ and starts to brick it starts to crawl, Leno drove one at the proving grounds recently and it took for-f***ing-ever to even

You could see it starting to brick hard roughly half way through and being designed to get as much down force at as low speed as possible I think this is a special situation and probably played a big part. The ARC guys can get away with a lot of it being an proven chassis and there's a blue one that absolutely ass rapes in the half mile and the speed variance wasn't that much between him doing it spoiler and spoileress and optimized to almost perfection. The ZR1 is still teething and when it hits that 130+ and starts to brick it starts to crawl, Leno drove one at the proving grounds recently and it took for-f***ing-ever to even get close to 200, paint drying would be faster and looked like a Geo Metro trying to get up to the speed limit of a highway.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
got to love these hot-v's and how they respond to just a tune. I've got my eyes on the new merc coming out--amg-gt63 4door. 627hp/660tq. my guess is with a tune that car will be sitting at 800hp and close to 900tq. bonkers power from a 4liter motor, and with awd, it should be a low 10 second car with a tune. might even crack into the 10's stock.

everytime I miss my c6z and wonder what a c7zr1 would feel like, videos like this are like birth control for a new vette. i'll wait and see how the top-dog, mid-engine vette performs. it will be at least 3-4 years before chevy gets all the recalls/fixes in and by that time they will be sitting on lots at/under msrp

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
everytime I miss my c6z and wonder what a c7zr1 would feel like, videos like this are like birth control for a new vette. i'll wait and see how the top-dog, mid-engine vette performs. it will be at least 3-4 years before chevy gets all the recalls/fixes in and by that time they will be sitting on lots at/under msrp
Would be cool to see the LT5 (ZR1 motor) in the C8Z, with a dct. That'd be nuts. Maybe the C8 ZR1 gets a 7.0L TT, that would be ****ing nuts. holy hell, you heard it here first!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread