2018 Shelby Super Snake

My94GT

Established Member
For that money I could buy a couple different cars and build them to perform the same.

People aren't buying the car or performance in this instance, they are buying the name.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yes an no, I think they still want the performance or they would just go GT350.

A gt350r would keep him in a mustang and a “Shelby” with some rarity and better resale value. Ultimately it’s just my opinion.

Really if I were spending that money I’d go gen V viper.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Some guys are fixated & defensive about that "CSM#" that is riveted to a Super Snake.
Hell I guess I would be too if I'd dropped that kinda cash.
Not all, but most Super Snake owners I've met were money guys first, car guys second.
They had to have the top shelf (purchase price wise) car available. That would be the Super Snake.
I've also seen many sit on the market once the fun wears off. Usually sold at a massive loss.
I'm not knocking a Super Snake at all, or any other Shelby American product.
But there's more economical ways to build a street or track car if a guy wants to.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
If it was built off of a GT350, I would say it worth it. If it started off life as a GT, then no.

From what I understand, SA only makes a handful every year. So if you do get one, it will be a rare vehicle.

And I am not saying its worth it if it was a GT350 because its your money either. I was going to have my GT350 converted to a WB SS, but its gone now. I wouldn't recommend something I wouldn't do myself.

Edit: If you just want to go fast, I have a friend that is selling a repo'ed BMW M6 for the remainder of the loan value... $150,000 car for $45k. It has been modded and runs a sub 4 second 0-60 and will spank SS. I took it for a ride last night and hit 100 in 5.5 seconds according to my Garmin.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The funny thing is, it runs 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
The Z06 runs 0-60 in 3 seconds,..........WITH 200 LESS HORSEPOWER!!! :eek: :D lol

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I know generally the Shelby Super Snake is considered grossly overpriced. But I've found a brand new 2018 Super Snake with a list price of $120,400 that the dealer will sell to me for $109,000. Does this change anyone's opinion?

SAVE your $$$$$$$$$$

You must have missed this article about getting a 700-HP Mustang w/ a warranty for $39,995 straight off the showroom floor! It was discussed here some time ago...

This Ford Dealership Sells 700-Horsepower Mustang GTs for $39,995

This is at Lebanon Ford in Ohio, plus if you order or purchase one; they offer upgrade services where they only charge you for the performance parts [NO labor fees]
Which I would definitely upgrade the half-shafts, boost gauge install, some cooling upgrades & at least a pad/rotor upgrade....

LFP 800HP | Lebanon Ford

...........................................................................................................................................

If not, just get a 350R & throw a small supercharger on it AND still SAVE $$$$

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I haven't seen a posting for this here on SVTP or I may have missed it:

Beechmond Ford is now offering a 800 HP Nitrous-Pack Mustang for order/purchase with a warranty...

Beechmont Ford | New Ford dealership in Cincinnati, OH 45245

..........................................................................................................................................................

JpL4K3

Established Member
Run the vin through car fax, what’s it come back as? A Mustang GT? That alone should answer your question. No different from a Roush. Overpriced.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I haven't seen a posting for this here on SVTP or I may have missed it:

Beechmond Ford is now offering a 800 HP Nitrous-Pack Mustang for order/purchase with a warranty...

Beechmont Ford | New Ford dealership in Cincinnati, OH 45245

..........................................................................................................................................................

I happened to stumble across this today. I'd like to know how they tune it, and if that tune would void warranty.

Is it possible to buy a used oem ecu, and swap it in for warranty if anything happened engine wise?

snakecharmer

Established Member
I agree with comments above with regard to be forthcoming GT500 and the cost of the Super Snake in general. I saw a couple of them at SEMA. Very nice, but at an asking price of 124K, you are into ZR1 territory. No contest, go buy the Corvette IMO.

And while 100K is way too much for a Mustang, I have NO doubt that that will be the asking price with the markups that will be put on the GT500. Ford dealers are THE worst about marking stuff up.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
There’s one at Phil Long Ford here in Colorado. With ADM it’s marked at $147K. I thought it was a GT350 with a supercharger and Shelby bling, but now I’m not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread