2018 Shelby Super Snake

CVO110

Established Member
I know generally the Shelby Super Snake is considered grossly overpriced. But I've found a brand new 2018 Super Snake with a list price of $120,400 that the dealer will sell to me for $109,000. Does this change anyone's opinion?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
A couple things: first, I know I would have buyers remorse if I got this Super Snake when the legit GT500 comes out, probably about the time Haley's Comet comes back.

Second, 100K for a Mustang is outrageous, and I'm a hardcore Mustang guy. There are so many super cars on the used market for that price. If I'm going to drop 100K+ on a vehicle it will be German or Italian.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I know generally the Shelby Super Snake is considered grossly overpriced. But I've found a brand new 2018 Super Snake with a list price of $120,400 that the dealer will sell to me for $109,000. Does this change anyone's opinion?
Wait for a genuine GT500 based Super Snake if you REALLY want a Super Snake. The current "Super Snakes" are nothing more than supercharged GT's with Shelby and Super Snake badges everywhere.

Im sure they are a blast to drive, but you can save yourself a TON of money just getting a Mustang GT, a Kenne Bell Supercharger kit and have it installed over a Shelby produced Super Snake. Spec it the way YOU want it.

Id wait for the GT500 if it were my money.

Billybigrig

Established Member
I saw one a couple months ago, it was nice but it seems like there was toomuch “Shelby” on it, there were badges everywhere

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Still $40k overpriced. You could get a ZR1 for the same price.

Zemedici

Established Member
Super snakes are beautiful cars. Had one at the shop prior to me leaving.

If you have the opportunity to purchase one, i would. No other car like it.

Do NOT ‘hold off’ on the hopes of a GT500. **** that. That we were supposed to have info on, what 2 years ago? Started as a 19 MY, and now a 2020. Meh. Not interested. Remember how first MY Fords work....they don’t. Not to mention the ADMs....

Different strokes different folks.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I couldn't spend that much on a car that started out as a GT. Bloated pricetag for the Shelby name and badging.

If waiting for a GT500 is a non starter, then get a GT and buy the Kenne Bell kit and save yourself at least $40k.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
My work ordered one for a customer and although the customer likes it, everyone else thinks it is kind of a POS. First they take forever to deliver the car. Then after the car is "delivered" it has to go back to Shelby to have the supercharger put on since it is not CARB legal and a new vehicle can't be sold here that does not comply with CARB standards. The build quality on the car was really poor from what I saw. Body lines did not meet and the stripes didn't match from panel to panel. Also the bolts on the 2 piece rotors were hand tight and the safety wiring was done backwards.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I couldn't spend that much on a car that started out as a GT. Bloated pricetag for the Shelby name and badging.

If waiting for a GT500 is a non starter, then get a GT and buy the Kenne Bell kit and save yourself at least $40k.

Do these Super Snakes hold their well at all?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Do these Super Snakes hold their well at all?

Hard to say. So far the Shelby American Super Snakes have only been produced on the S550 chassis with the absence of a factory GT500.

Whenever Ford decides to let their balls drop a release the GT500 to the market, we'll then see how these SA Snakes fair. I wouldnt be surprised at all if SA gets a batch of some of the first off the production line to Super Snake. I don't blame Shelby American though, they have to do something in the mean time to have a halo Mustang offering.

FWIW as the owner of a GT500, I shy away from any more Shelby badging. I know I have a GT500, I personally don't need EVERY. SINGLE. PART to say Shelby on it. At a certain point I think it gets tacky but to each their own.

Zemedici

Established Member
My work ordered one for a customer and although the customer likes it, everyone else thinks it is kind of a POS. First they take forever to deliver the car. Then after the car is "delivered" it has to go back to Shelby to have the supercharger put on since it is not CARB legal and a new vehicle can't be sold here that does not comply with CARB standards. The build quality on the car was really poor from what I saw. Body lines did not meet and the stripes didn't match from panel to panel. Also the bolts on the 2 piece rotors were hand tight and the safety wiring was done backwards.

And see that’s crazy the one i saw was nice...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Super snakes are beautiful cars. Had one at the shop prior to me leaving.

If you have the opportunity to purchase one, i would. No other car like it.

Do NOT ‘hold off’ on the hopes of a GT500. **** that. That we were supposed to have info on, what 2 years ago? Started as a 19 MY, and now a 2020. Meh. Not interested. Remember how first MY Fords work....they don’t. Not to mention the ADMs....

Different strokes different folks.

YOLO

if you can afford 109 on a car... and then the gt500 comes out.... then sell the Super snake.. and get the GT500..

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
How can it be a super snake when it's not born a snake. Nice car but over priced.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Bingo. They should have called it a GT+, Super GT,... anything but a Super Snake.
If I was a current GT500 Super Snake owner, and had shucked out those kinda bucks I'd be pretty salty about this.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The real problem with the Shelby cars is resale value.

I see this in the Cobras market, Shelby vs almost any other replica, huge difference in price, you will not notice driving it.

You have to find someone that REALLY wants a Shelby, and has the money to pay a lot more than another car.

E

roadracer247

Established Member
Would I go for it? Hell no. Totally overpriced IMHO. I’d rather buy a GT350r and spend the money I saved on performance driving schools & track days around the country.

Users who are viewing this thread