2018 Mustang Intro??? - Ford at NAIAS 2017 Press Conference Live Stream

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Check out the possible 2018 Mustang Debut live here on SVTP. Ford is going to live stream their press conference this year. Yesterday the 2018 F-150 debuted on an NFL program. Today Ford could be releasing the refreshed 2018 Mustang at the 2017 North America International Auto Show in Detroit. We will have exclusive coverage posted later today.

Last edited:

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal
Established Member
As of 1:00pm est, it seems like its a presentation on mobility - not new car reveals :(

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So I assume that there was not much news since there is no article?

There was supposedly a press conference behind closed doors, but the media signed an agreement not to post any information until a predetermined time given by Ford.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was supposedly a press conference behind closed doors, but the media signed an agreement not to post any information until a predetermined time given by Ford.

I hope you don't believe that.

You do realize, that the likelihood of the media keeping anything quiet is slim to none, right?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I hope you don't believe that.

You do realize, that the likelihood of the media keeping anything quiet is slim to none, right?

Depends on what kind of penalties Ford can actually levy against these people.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Depends on what kind of penalties Ford can actually levy against these people.

The only penalty they could actually ensure happens is not inviting them to the next super secret hush hush news conference.

Imagine how much money would be involved in leaking the 2018 Ford Mustang first.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The only penalty they could actually ensure happens is not inviting them to the next super secret hush hush news conference.

Imagine how much money would be involved in leaking the 2018 Ford Mustang first.

And how much ad revenue do they lose when the next round of releases comes out and they didn't have any information? There has been multiple occasions where many magazines release information, including stock photos all at the same time when a manufacture unveils the car. I think the threat is a pretty good one.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I was at the NAIAS and there was no 2018 Mustang. They had a Cobra R, GT, etc. If you want to see a 2018 they are rolling around Dearborn covered up.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

as well as not inviting them to test drive new cars when they come out. imagine being a magazine/media source and having to wait till you can get your hands on a private one before you can review it/drive it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They will also black list the actual editor in attendance making them essentially unemployable. There's a reason you don't see me spilling my guts about every little piece of info I get. Being trusted is important for future opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
They will also black list the actual editor in attendance making them essentially unemployable. There's a reason you don't see me spilling my guts about every little piece of info I get. Being trusted is important for future opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You're going to have to share something "good" so we can determine whether or not you're doing a satisfactory job of keeping secrets.

I'd still like to see another short-run model that falls between the GT and SVT model (see 03/04 Mach 1).

I know it's already crowded with everything out there, but my attention span is just too short to stay satisfied with a GT and a top dog as the only performance options in Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread