2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2

Never_Enough

Established Member
12.0 is not bad at all for a pony car. I am going through fast car withdrawal. Need to buy this damn house already so I can get a new toy.

Branhammer

Established Member
Jesus Christ...if Mustang fans aren't whining about the performance, we're whining about the price. I swear Ford will never be able to win until they offer a Mustang with a 1,000hp V8, in premium trim with every option available for under $30k brand new. And they have to suck our dicks to completion and swallow the gravy with every new Mustang purchase. That's the only way you guys will ever stop bitching....lol

Edit: Oh and it has to be able to ****ing shape-shift to suit each individual owner's visual preferences, which means it'll have to be made of liquid metal like "T-1000."

Last edited:

Zodiac

Established Member
Jesus Christ...if Mustang fans aren't whining about the performance, we're whining about the price. I swear Ford will never be able to win until they offer a Mustang with a 1,000hp V8, in premium trim with every option available for under $30k brand new. And they have to suck our dicks to completion and swallow the gravy with every new Mustang purchase. That's the only way you guys will ever stop bitching....lol

Edit: Oh and it has to be able to ****ing shape-shift to suit each individual owner's visual preferences, which means it'll have to be made of liquid metal like "T-1000."

Perfect post, even adding the Terminator reference at the end.

smitty2919

Established Member

The argument, I THINK, comes from the fact that the Mustang GT (not 350/500 models) was the "average joe" achievable sports car. I could never justify a $50K+ GT/SS when there is something called a Corvette that exists. Strictly speaking from the performance you get for the money you spend. And yes I understand a mustang and a Corvette are not supposed to be compared together, and that it should be Mustang vs Camaro. But the way I see it, I ask myself "what car can I buy for $XX,000 and get the most performance for my money."

I would spend $60k on a corvette before I spend $50k on a GT.

I do like that they are finally putting some meat under a GT and are aware of aero benefits.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The argument, I THINK, comes from the fact that the Mustang GT (not 350/500 models) was the "average joe" achievable sports car.
The Vette is the sports car. Mustang & Camaro are pony/muscle cars. ;)

I could never justify a $50K+ GT/SS when there is something called a Corvette that exists. Strictly speaking from the performance you get for the money you spend. And yes I understand a mustang and a Corvette are not supposed to be compared together, and that it should be Mustang vs Camaro. But the way I see it, I ask myself "what car can I buy for $XX,000 and get the most performance for my money."

100% agree

Branhammer

Established Member
The argument, I THINK, comes from the fact that the Mustang GT (not 350/500 models) was the "average joe" achievable sports car. I could never justify a $50K+ GT/SS when there is something called a Corvette that exists. Strictly speaking from the performance you get for the money you spend. And yes I understand a mustang and a Corvette are not supposed to be compared together, and that it should be Mustang vs Camaro. But the way I see it, I ask myself "what car can I buy for $XX,000 and get the most performance for my money."

I do like that they are finally putting some meat under a GT and are aware of aero benefits.

Yeah but the problem is that the minute Ford drops the price, those EXACT same people will piss their pants because it doesn't have 500+ hp, race-car suspension, leather, and a flat-screen TV in the dash. They want a $30,000 luxury sports car that can beat Z06's. Some people just can't seem to understand that SHIT COSTS MONEY. When the S550 came out people were acting like it was absurd that a loaded premium could cost close to $50k, when in fact you could load up a 2013-2014 and the price was about the same. People acted like there was some massive price jump with the S550. There was absolutely not. I got mine for just over $33k out the door and there were hardly any incentives yet. Despite what some people will tell you, you actually CAN own a Mustang without leather and all the bells and whistles and you, in fact, WILL NOT contract AIDS or cancer from it.

But you want leather? Want Magnaride? Want premium sound? Want the car to suck you off and make you pancakes? That shit costs money.

A smart man once said "Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick TWO."

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah but the problem is that the minute Ford drops the price, those EXACT same people will piss their pants because it doesn't have 500+ hp, race-car suspension, leather, and a flat-screen TV in the dash. They want a $30,000 luxury sports car that can beat Z06's. Some people just can't seem to understand that SHIT COSTS MONEY. When the S550 came out people were acting like it was absurd that a loaded premium could cost close to $50k, when in fact you could load up a 2013-2014 and the price was about the same. People acted like there was some massive price jump with the S550. There was absolutely not. I got mine for just over $33k out the door and there were hardly any incentives yet. Despite what some people will tell you, you actually CAN own a Mustang without leather and all the bells and whistles and you, in fact, WILL NOT contract AIDS or cancer from it.

But you want leather? Want Magnaride? Want premium sound? Want the car to suck you off and make you pancakes? That shit costs money.

I would love a car that would suck me off and make pancakes

Branhammer

Established Member
Also, on their respective web sites, I have to add basically EVERY option available to a GT premium to get it to $50k. So comparing that to a base Corvette Stingray is definitely not a fair comparison. Add all the options to the 'Vette and you're looking at over $70k. Maybe close to $80k. I don't know because I quit adding options at $70k.

Dusten

Established Member

It's cheap, fast, reliable. Pick 2

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

FOr me, I don't need all that stuff. Give me HP and some nice seats and I'm good to go. It doesn't take much for me. I'm certainly not a huge fan of all the plastics but I don't mind them.

Users who are viewing this thread