2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Autos are either getting more efficient or engines are underrated.

The 2018 GT threw down 415 rwhp, which puts it almost exactly at 11%.

It's because transmissions are much more efficient than they used to be.

Zemedici

Established Member
With an automatic. What's an auto swapped GT500 run?

How do those numbers show they're underrated? Looks like that's exactly where they should be to me. That's roughly a 10% - 11% drivetrain loss.

Which would be fine, except those are manual numbers as autos take more of a loss

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Which would be fine, except those are manual numbers as autos take more of a loss

Thats fine too because Trinity cars are also "underrated".... showing drive train losses of only 9% and some even lower, dipping in the 7%.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thats fine too because Trinity cars are also "underrated".... showing drive train losses of only 9% and some even lower, dipping in the 7%.

As they’re manual it would make more sense. But again we’re arguing dyno numbers which mean shit.

Stock hellcat runs 10s. Stock GT500 runs what?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

That still doesn't mean they're underrated. That just means an auto would dyno a little less. But it has been proven over the past several years that modern auto cars only lose a handful of HP, if any, compared to manual versions of the same car.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
As they’re manual it would make more sense. But again we’re arguing dyno numbers which mean shit.

Stock hellcat runs 10s. Stock GT500 runs what?

Agreed. Dyno Numbers, I wipe my ass with...

Hellcat runs 10s thanks to the auto. Everyone here knows the hellcats to be the dragstrip king BUT, the Trinity cars can give it to them on the highway. Its a driver's race there from what I have seen.

Zemedici

Established Member
Agreed. Dyno Numbers, I wipe my ass with...

Hellcat runs 10s thanks to the auto. Everyone here knows the hellcats to be the dragstrip king BUT, the Trinity cars can give it to them on the highway. Its a driver's race there from what I have seen.

Absolutely, anything can happen on the street. :)

Recon

Established Member
^ and get it to not sound like garbage when you free up the exhaust system. If it sounded like a Supra, GTR, or a Porsche flat 6; I'd be a happy camper.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
^ and get it to not sound like garbage when you free up the exhaust system. If it sounded like a Supra, GTR, or a Porsche flat 6; I'd be a happy camper.
They were jumping a new hooked up Raptor outside at SEMA today and it sounded like a beast. Much more V8 sounding, but it also may have been straight piped or right off the down pipe, couldn't tell lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread