2018 Intake swap for my 2014 GT - what else do I need?

CDN5.0

Established Member
I would like to install a 2018 GT intake on my 14, can you tell me what other pieces I’d need?
Will my fuel rails/injectors fit? Do I need another throttle body?
I used the search engine but found nothing.

TIA

Scott

utlong31

Established Member
There’s a good video of it on YouTube. Shouldn’t need anything special. A few pieces of hose and zip ties if I remember correctly. Did my sons last year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
The video above is good one. Make sure you read the comments about it too. There are some good nuggets there.

I assume you either have or will be getting an aftermarket cold air intake to feed the new intake manifold. I recommend the JLT Series II.

Since the new manifold holds the throttle body at a steeper angle, you'll have to play with the throttle body coupling and clamps. You may have issues with the CAI rubbing against the underside of your hood.

To make life easier, get this:

Also, make sure you get emissions hose for the evap module so it doesn't collapse from the vacuum.

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
A Good choice in upgrading the intake manifold!

a very straight forward and easy, tune wise you should be able to drive it normally without any issues until you get it tuned.

you will require some changes in the VCT settings for the best angles for the most power and some really small changes here and there.

CDN5.0

Established Member
You guys rock, thanks so much for the advice and the video link - I’m going with the 18 manifold, long tubes and an x pipe…..with a tune it should really wake up the motor and sound awesome to boot.
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread