2018 Harley-Davidson's released: The Dyna Glides are no more.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
https://motorcycles.harley-davidson.com

Simply, shocked. The ENTIRE family of Dynas are gone. 3 remaining models names have been switched to an all new Softail, but the Dyna is dead. V-rod appears gone as well.

As a former HD owner, i personally am furious. I traded a Softail Fatboy in for a Dyna Fat Bob because the Softail was so boring, handled poorly and lacked any real character. My Dyna had character in spades, handled like a dream (for a cruiser), hauled the damn mail like no other and made me a happy Harley guy. The "dyna" nameplate carry overs look hideous, and resemble more hipster influence than Harley. My opinion, but based on reactions ive read im not alone at all.

The new Milwaukee 8 engine is bad ass, but... no Dyna means no sale for me. Maybe if i ever decide to ride again, maybe ill be ready for a bagger. Just dropping the dyna like that though.... feels like a slap in the face to this former Dyna owner.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Has to be a bean counter move. Tooling couldn't play that big of a role to drop a whole line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Just saw on a motorcycle forum I frequented that the japs are cutting production on some of their bikes

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I know a snowflake with no job, lives off the government, and recently bought a HD street rod.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I know a snowflake with no job, lives off the government, and recently bought a HD street rod.

This one?
cb558e84eeb2558659a3ebb950221f48.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This one?
cb558e84eeb2558659a3ebb950221f48.jpg

lol no. The real thing. He lives in an apartment, has a civic and a new HD, and periodically he talks about buying his son a dirt bike. Not sure where he's gonna take him lol.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
He's living the dream!

lol. He's been forced back into the work force abruptly. He's got a short internship starting soon that will probably turn into a full time job. There is hope for him yet.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Yeah I couldn't believe it, getting rid of one of the best lines they have imo. Sure they kept some names and put them on a softail. Personally it would have made more sense to create a new line and merge the 2 instead of keeping the softail name. And yes the vrod has been gone, they announced the end of that earlier this year, which is another shame because those bikes were awesome. Looks like I'll be keeping my dyna low rider for the foreseeable future.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Of course it has. They build trash for people who don't know any better. And then they charge ridiculous prices for it.

Just to top this off, there was two quotes when it came to HD cycles that I have heard over the last 25 years.

1 Harley Davidson bringing you yesterday technology at tomorrows prices.

2 Nice 1970 air compressor on wheels.

I would much rather have a Goldwing that actually out performs a HD in every category.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I was quite disappointed as well. I particularly do not care for some of the matte type paint schemes they are pushing. Last years CVO Street Glide was gorgeous. The 2018 look horrible.

Oh well, I've got my eye on another Ducati anyway.

M91196

Established Member
Just to top this off, there was two quotes when it came to HD cycles that I have heard over the last 25 years.

1 Harley Davidson bringing you yesterday technology at tomorrows prices.

2 Nice 1970 air compressor on wheels.

I would much rather have a Goldwing that actually out performs a HD in every category.

Perfect, more like 1920's air compressor.

HD started and the wright brothers flew the same year. Someone missed something.

Users who are viewing this thread