2017 ZL1 Beat the 350R Around the Ring.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
why is this even a suprise to anybody? its 600+hp has a blower is newer and lighter then a shelby the shelby is down about what 120hp , the gt350 is what 5.2 liter n/a 526hp and 3800lbs, the camaro is what 640hp 3500lbs ? and it was built to compete with the gt500, wait for the next gt500 or revised gt350. I read the next run of gt350's will offer a 10 speed auto in the next gt500 and gt350r, that should make the next gt500 a 10 second car stock.

Just a note, the ZL1 is roughly 3800lbs., not 3500lbs. The rumor has it that the GT350R will get a dual clutch, not the 10SPD. GT350 comes out, and now it's Chevrolet's turn to get some spotlight. Next year, Ford will introduce the GT500. It goes back and forth. The real enemy is Europe and Asia, not America.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Chevy is doing a much better job than Ford is. The camaro SS are whooping GTs and are competing with the GT350s. Now the Z28 is rolling the GT350R. I'd like to see a 1LE vs a GT350. Not to mention, the 1LE is just an option... not a special production car or anything.

What is the MSRP of the Z28?
Much better job at what? They can't even sell a NEW camaro ss. When does a car get released and in less than a year offered with 20% discount? They are doing that with the c7z too. If anything GM is doing a good job discounting their over produced cars that will sit in dealerships.

Mean while the GT350 is getting marked up even after a year of being available. Not to mention the New Raptor kicking the previous generations butt. Oh yea, Focus RS? But wait, theres also a Ford GT coming very soon. GT500 will definitely take some of the ZL1 limelight.

The new ZL1 is bad ass, major improvement over they crappy '13-'15 ZL1.

EDIT:
No way in hell does the ZL1 weigh 3500lbs. Its probably closer to the weight of a gen 5 camaro SS (38xxlbs).

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Chevy is doing a much better job than Ford is. The camaro SS are whooping GTs and are competing with the GT350s. Now the Z28 is rolling the GT350R. I'd like to see a 1LE vs a GT350. Not to mention, the 1LE is just an option... not a special production car or anything.

What is the MSRP of the Z28?

How is the ss competing with 350's? I hope you have more than "I feel they are better"...

why is this even a suprise to anybody? its 600+hp has a blower is newer and lighter then a shelby the shelby is down about what 120hp , the gt350 is what 5.2 liter n/a 526hp and 3800lbs, the camaro is what 640hp 3500lbs ? and it was built to compete with the gt500, wait for the next gt500 or revised gt350. I read the next run of gt350's will offer a 10 speed auto in the next gt500 and gt350r, that should make the next gt500 a 10 second car stock.

How does the camaro go from 3760lbs n/a to 3500lb with blower? I think most of you guys a pulling numbers out of your ass with nothing to back it up!

Everyone knew gm was going was going to have a stronger than :32 at the ring regardless of how many closed laps/shaved tires/etc. Hell they had to try forever to get the z28 faster than the last zl1. Speaking of ring times where's the z06 time???

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Said no car enthusiast ever.

Quiet the opposite actually...only on this site is power and times ( of which very few on this site can obtain) the most important aspect to buying a car...along with " bang for buck" ....which is why I always get a kick out of this site. By your logic the viper would still be in production....

SCalla1384

Established Member
So much brand loyalist in here. The camaro is better than the mustang. And I've been a mustang guy for over 10 years. But as time has gone on, I've learned to like everything. And not just one car better because Ford makes it.

As far as the camaro ss competing with it, Ive seen quite a few videos of digs and rolls where the SS has been even with a GT350 or barely got pulled.

Now Im sure, someone will say "the GT350 isn't a straight line car" lol okay. Any car that can take turns can go WOT in a straight line. As far as it not being great from a dig... that's more real world comparison than lap times on a Nurburgring. 95% of the people buying a GT350 will not be road racing it.

I don't even know what the SS ran on the Nurburgring. But with all the hype behind the 1LE, I won't be one bit surprised if it slaps the GT350 around. Again... as a $4500 option. Not a specialty car where dealers will mark them up $10k+

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Svt mustangs are not hurting for sales. Ford doesn't have to worry about that. The day Ford decides to produce more than 5k a year is the day we will see an auto svt mustang.

Until then, Ford is going to keep chugging along with the driving experience approach and I for one am ok with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCalla1384

Established Member
I will agree 100% as far as Fords pricing. They definitely have the best prices for what you get. No denying that. For what you pay for a fully loaded 2SS is a bit ridiculous. Close to base GT350 territory... but in reality, you won't find a base GT350 for $50k unless you know someone.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So much brand loyalist in here. The camaro is better than the mustang. And I've been a mustang guy for over 10 years. But as time has gone on, I've learned to like everything. And not just one car better because Ford makes it.

As far as the camaro ss competing with it, Ive seen quite a few videos of digs and rolls where the SS has been even with a GT350 or barely got pulled.

Now Im sure, someone will say "the GT350 isn't a straight line car" lol okay. Any car that can take turns can go WOT in a straight line. As far as it not being great from a dig... that's more real world comparison than lap times on a Nurburgring. 95% of the people buying a GT350 will not be road racing it.

I don't even know what the SS ran on the Nurburgring. But with all the hype behind the 1LE, I won't be one bit surprised if it slaps the GT350 around. Again... as a $4500 option. Not a specialty car where dealers will mark them up $10k+

Again hearsay or I feel it's better because and not one shred of evidence!

Of course you can like it better and so forth. However the one thing I'm missing is the professional drivers saying go buy this car. Even after the 1le's huge win over the z28 at LS the driver is still saying I'm your 350 salesman it's that dialed!

Yes the ss may have won a street race. Yes the mustang gt(52) ran sears faster than 991 GT3(58) and c7z(57)...do really believed mustang is better than either the Porsche or vette?

Last edited:

TK Doom

Established Member
I vaguely remember parts of that track from my Project Gotham Racing 2 days.

That said, i wonder how many times that driver has run the Ring.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Again hearsay or I feel it's better because and not one shred of evidence!

Of course you can like it better and so forth. However the one thing I'm missing is the professional drivers saying go buy this car. Even after the 1le's huge win over the z28 at LS the driver is still saying I'm your 350 salesman it's that dialed!

Yes the ss may have won a street race. Yes the mustang gt(52) ran sears faster than 991 GT3(58) and c7z(57)...do really believed mustang is better than either the Porsche or vette?

Clearly you have you're opinion formed. My "hearsay" is what I've gathered from watching different videos. Not what some guy told me to buy lol. I'll make my own decisions.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Clearly you have you're opinion formed. My "hearsay" is what I've gathered from watching different videos. Not what some guy told me to buy lol. I'll make my own decisions.

A professional driver says the GT350 is one of the best drivers cars and we should listen to you and not him? Clearly someone is full of themselves:beer:

BladeX10

Established Member
Now people have a legit negotiating point to bring up when buying a 350R at MSRP. "Well, I guess i'll go buy the ZL1, which is 3 seconds faster around the 'ring"

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I own a gt350 and I agree, the zl1 is the better car.

The platform is superior to the mustangs, period. From the base to the zl1. The 1le SS isn't far behind a gt350.

I just love the way the gt350 sounds, looks and drives. I don't care for the styling on the new Camaro and I really can't give up the way the gt350 sounds.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SCalla1384

Established Member
A professional driver says the GT350 is one of the best drivers cars and we should listen to you and not him? Clearly someone is full of themselves:beer:

Lol nice attempt at putting words in my mouth. I clearly said I'm not going to buy a certain car because some guy who I don't know said to buy it. If you're that gullible, I feel bad for you lol.

The platform is superior to the mustangs, period. From the base to the zl1. The 1le SS isn't far behind a gt350.

I just love the way the gt350 sounds, looks and drives. I don't care for the styling on the new Camaro and I really can't give up the way the gt350 sounds.

Look at that.

oldmodman

Established Member
All these times make me suspicious.

Lets ask Treynor to releases his wife for a race session at the ring. A day with each car to get used to the handling then she runs for time. :thumbsup::D

Never_Enough

Established Member
I want a new ZL1, but not for the price. I especially would not buy a GT350 for the current price either.

Never_Enough

Established Member

A man with a brain :D

Users who are viewing this thread