2017 Shelby GT350 owner military overseas

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Hello,

On Feb 28th I ordered my 7th Mustang and hopefully my last. A 2017 Shelby GT350 in Grabber Blue/black stripes with a delivery date around May/June. I've been in the Mustang scene since 2007. My first mustang was a 2001 V6 purchased in 2007, then 8 months later I upgraded to a 2002 Mustang GT. Ever since then I can't stay from the muscle delivered by these magnificient pieces of machinery.

Being military overseas this mustang is very elusive. We literally have to put our name into a drawing to win the chance to buy 1 of the 2-3 allotments Ford allows for all military in Europe. I was just lucky enough to win and ordered the Tech only package with a 7yr 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for 60K out the door. I can't wait for it to arrive to take it on the Nurburgring. :)

My VIN
1FA6P8JZ4H5523933

Last edited:

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
That's killer man! Enjoy it! With that kind of luck I wouldn't get rid of it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried in 2015 and 2016, luckily a lot of people think you're winning this car FREE or most can't come up with the money. So they draw again... I'll be keeping this one forever or I hope so

NJredfire03

Established Member
I tried in 2015 and 2016, luckily a lot of people think you're winning this car FREE or most can't come up with the money. So they draw again... I'll be keeping this one forever or I hope so

Army's best and brightest right?! Hahahaha I'd keep it, that's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rael

Established Member
Congratulations! (And thank you.)

Grabber blue with black stripes is as perfect a combo as you could have gotten. Enjoy it for a long, long time.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Thank you for your service ...... and if you dont mind me asking...

What do you do in the military :) .. my brother was a Lt Col in the air force
How long will you be in Europe before you ship the car back ?
Lastly to drive your car what mods do you have to make to legalize it in Europe

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Thank you for your service ...... and if you dont mind me asking...

What do you do in the military :) .. my brother was a Lt Col in the air force
How long will you be in Europe before you ship the car back ?
Lastly to drive your car what mods do you have to make to legalize it in Europe

Thank You. I am computer guy. No bombs without Comms :)

I'm just a lowly E6, but we get paid good over here. I don't leave until Sept 2019 so this car will see plenty of top speed runs on the unrestricted portions of the autobahn. SOFA agreements allow Americans to bring in their cars with no modifications for European roads. Only if the car is sold to a European will they have to convert it to euro specs.

One of my friends with a GT350 here in Germany was offered $90K for his GT350 since there aren't many in europe and they are hard to get. So I expect big offers on mine. We go through our own inspections on base and have slightly different rules. My GT350 wont ever need an inspection since its factory new.

Last edited:

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
thanks for the reply and that is too cool ........ just be sure the front slitter is attached correctly ..... my dealership that I work for came off at 120 .... its not suppose to do that. They ordered a new one and with me in the shop had the new in installed and its tricky. The hardest thing was to the get the locking tabs that go from the splitter into the front bumper ..... you have to make sure all three snap in place

don

thehunterooo

Established Member
Thank You. I am computer guy. No bombs without Comms :)

I'm just a lowly E6, but we get paid good over here. I don't leave until Sept 2019 so this car will see plenty of top speed runs on the unrestricted portions of the autobahn. SOFA agreements allow Americans to bring in their cars with no modifications for European roads. Only if the car is sold to a European will they have to convert it to euro specs.

One of my friends with a GT350 here in Germany was offered $90K for his GT350 since there aren't many in europe and they are hard to get. So I expect big offers on mine. We go through our own inspections on base and have slightly different rules. My GT350 wont ever need an inspection since its factory new.

Wow that is pretty cool! Driving a 350 on the autobahn would be amazing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're very fortunate to have won the chance to buy one of these awesome GT-350s. Now my favorite Mustang of all time. Great paint color choice. I'd love to be there to see your face when you pick it up. Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread