2017 Lincoln MKZ Gets 400 HP Turbo V6, AWD system from Focus RS

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
2017-lincoln-mkz-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-663871-s-original.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-lincoln-mkz-photos-and-info-news

Looks a bit Jaguar-esque in the front but I like it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dang it man! I finally jump to 5.bro/Terminator power level and now even my grandma's car is competitive. :nonono:

At least it's a great time to be an enthusiast. :beer:

Healthforhazard

Established Member
I feel the same way. I grew up with 200hp sport cars and thought 400hp was the shit. Just in the last year could I afford to get a coyote with 400hp. Now every family car has over 300hp and runs 13s. But like you said beats the old days.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Hopefully it weighs about the same as the current mkz. 3800~ lbs and 400 HP/TQ with AWD. Gonna hurt feelings

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
This Is The New Face Of Lincoln (And It Has 400 Horsepower)

1523992940048588067.jpg

Ford plans to unveil the restyled 2017 Lincoln MKZ at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday, showing the first production version of a new grille design. The new Lincoln look debuted on the Continental prototype earlier this year and drew comparisons to British luxury brands such as Jaguar or Bentley.

The 2017 MKZ will get a new 3.0 liter turbo-charged engine Lincoln says will deliver 400 horsepower through an all-wheel drive system. The car’s current six-cylinder engine offers 300 horsepow

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Front end is restyled to mimic a Jag...

If the MKZ in fact comes with 400hp, it's going to move out pretty damn swiftly.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I feel the same way. I grew up with 200hp sport cars and thought 400hp was the shit. Just in the last year could I afford to get a coyote with 400hp. Now every family car has over 300hp and runs 13s. But like you said beats the old days.

Family cars have had 425HP since 2005.

Hopefully it weighs about the same as the current mkz. 3800~ lbs and 400 HP/TQ with AWD. Gonna hurt feelings

I like the looks of the car in the OP, hopefully the production model looks like that. I don't see many feelings being hurt though.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Grille from a jag, headlights from Audi, the rear half looks like a Toyota Avalon

...at least they put some thought it in. Just kill Lincoln already.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Same year the Avalon debuted lol. I get what they're trying to do though. Wonder what it'll be priced at. If it's close to 4000 lbs that'll hurt too

Last edited:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Lincoln really needs to replace their design team. Exterior looks very boring compared to MB, Audi, etc.

Agreed. Ford already jacked the Aston Martin front end...why not just use the Jaguar front end?!! lol. Come on

Audi headlights, Avalon side profile...it's a little lame on design. The 400/400 and AWD is great, but at a likely 3900 lbs, having to fill up with 93 and I'd put it near $50k...I don't know if this will do well.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Agreed. Ford already jacked the Aston Martin front end...why not just use the Jaguar front end?!! lol. Come on

Audi headlights, Avalon side profile...it's a little lame on design. The 400/400 and AWD is great, but at a likely 3900 lbs, having to fill up with 93 and I'd put it near $50k...I don't know if this will do well.

I give them a pass on the Aston styling since they owned part of the company when that style come about.

Agree the performance is great, it just isn't anything that would catch someones attention. Going after the performance family car segment, you really want it to standout and this along with most other Lincolns just don't do that. Same goes for the SHO. My brother and SIL were car shopping and I talked them into looking at a SHO. They loved the car, but elected to replace their old Charger with a new one because the SHO exterior was just too boring.

I am a big Lincoln fan and loved the hell out of my Mark VIII, but unless something changes I am already preparing to be let down with the Mark IX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread