2017 gt premium on order, I want 1 of 2 power adders, Vmp roush or s-550 whipple!

Which Super charger is better?

• Whipple s-550

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Vmp stage 3

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok guys which supercharger is best vmp roush 2.3 or the new whipple s-550 2.9. After owning a 2012 car for a few years with a paxton set up i want a different s/c on my new 2017 auto 3:55 gt premium. Im torn between the vmp stage 3 set up and the new s-550 whipple. Which will make more power and torque, without sacrificing drivability...vote in poll please. Oh and i dont want a turbo of any kind!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Why only those two? Why not a centrifugal? Procharger, or vortech. Easier on the engine.

My current car has a paxton on it with the beefcake torque booster. I will be replacing it with my new 2017 gt premium. I want to go a differnt route and i dont want a turbo. Pd blowers have the best drivability and low end torque. The new coyote engine is much improved strength wise then the 11-14 motor, it can take more power...

image_zpssq00emkn.jpg

Jay-rod427

Established Member
Ah the old "low end torque" claim from roots blowers... Silly imo. Between downshifting if already moving, and torque converter flash it's a moot point. I know it can take more power than previous engines, but especially as compression keeps rising in new engines positive displacement blowers jamming more boost in at mid range rpm' is still harder on the engine. Not to mention much more efficiency in air-air front mount inter cooler.

If insisting on it I'd go with whipple.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Vmp has the dual fan heat exchanger which i really like. The whipple unit is a 2.9 and they're both about the same price! You think the whipple makes more power?

Zemedici

Established Member
Both are very good blowers. Entirely up to you, but if it were me I'd go Whipple. Girlfriends 2.9 car makes 642 on stock boost, stock tb, and pump gas. She drives it every day. No issues.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just wondering , why not turbos in an auto? That hellion TT kit is ridiculous

i know turbos are ridiculous, i want a pd for ease of install and removal no blow off valve noise. Im gonna like having all my boost there at once...plus i love the whine..hell I've got until september to make up my mind for sure just want to get dome feed back from owners!

Shaun@AED

TVS vs Whipple front feed dyno comparison:
Different cars, both 2013 Boss's with the same exhaust. TVS with 82MM pulley, Roush CAI, and Twin65 TB.
Whipple 2.9L with 3.75" pulley and elliptical throttle body.

TVS makes more boost down low. (9.5-10 vs 6psi) The whipple gains boost with RPM.
TVS%20vs%202.9%20Front%20Inlet_zpsiccx4twu.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The VMP and Whipple are great choices!
The Whippled S550 cars are running with crazy horsepower if that is what you are after. Some of the guys with the 2.9 Whipple with Whipple's tune are well over 700rwhp.
Good luck and keep us posted.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had a vmp stg3 on my 15 gt, great kit. I went 10.5's at 134 on 20's, pump gas. I made 640/540, sold it to a guy with an mt82, made 681/550 on a remote Ken Bjonnes tune, 79mm/11psi.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I leaning towards the Whipple s-550 2.9..... I will get it in black it comes with optional 72 lb injectors i will get id -1000's and the biggest throttle body they offer...and the heat exchanger...the whine they make is addicting...

Users who are viewing this thread