2017 Fusion Sport

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Ford's online configurator is up and running for the 2017 Fusions:

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/2017/?fmccmp=lp-future-top-hp-2017-fusion

The Sport comes standard with a strong list of features, and there are only a few options available to completely load it up.

Does anyone else think, at least in pictures, that the base Aston Martin inspired grill looks better than the blacked out grill on the Sport?

It was already mentioned, but the wheels are rough looking. It will be interesting to learn if the 19" wheels from the 2013-2016 Fusions will clear the front brakes. I like a sleeper look and those wheels could be had for cheap. Ideally I would like to run some lightweight 18" rims and tires, so maybe selling the whole factory wheel and tire setup is the way to go.

Agree about the grill. I don't like the honeycomb look.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don't know if I would prefer a SHO to this.

Why? The SHO is a step up in class(luxury). The Focus/Fusion is doing nothing for my style wise. I'm intrigued by its potential power, but it's not anything the heavier SHO hasn't already done.

I'll give examples: heated and cooled seats, Massage seats, much better rim/tire package, etc...The Taurus looks more upscale, the Fusion is bland especailly the rims. The grill is staight from the Focus ST. It's a low-mid level car. The Taurus is supposed to be the Flagship sedan.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why? The SHO is a step up in class(luxury). The Focus/Fusion is doing nothing for my style wise. I'm intrigued by its potential power, but it's not anything the heavier SHO hasn't already done.

Interior size vs exterior size, I think this would have it performance wise, and magnetic suspension.

Oh and looks too. I like the Fusion more than the Taurus, granted I still like the Taurus.

1fastTbird

Established Member
I don't know if I would prefer a SHO to this.

Agreed. While there is a lot of power and features included in the discounted price of $35k new, I wouldn't want the tremendous weight penalty of the Taurus. Directly from Ford: "Despite the Taurus being larger, the 2015 Ford Fusion has slightly more interior passenger volume." Ford decided that it needed to install the widest possible dash and center console in the Taurus killing knee and leg room. You do get a huge trunk though.
I am confident that you win with either car at that price.

fordman2012

Established Member
I really wish ford had come out with this sooner before I started my GTX2867R Fusion build! maybe then I would not have sold it for a Mustang :p
Photo_2015-08-23_05-02-02_PM_zpspg5rpqt0.png

1fastTbird

Established Member
I just got back from the Philadelphia Auto Show where, among Ford's displayed pre-production 2017's, there was a Fusion Sport on display. It was interesting to stand back watch people walk around the Ford display and witness very, very few people stop to look at the car. Almost no one stopped. Between the plain wheels (I'll call them ugly) and black out grill, the car just didn't look as nice as the other Fusions on display.
After seeing it in person, I questioned if it really is something that I even want to drive everyday: it's just that plain. Also, as the car was locked, I couldn't tell if Ford trimmed down the wide center console.
If a sleeper is what you are after, then this car is for you. If you want to let people know your car is different from the other 1 million Fusions out there, then you are going to have to throw some enhancements on the car like Fordman2012 just to get anyone to notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I just got back from the Philadelphia Auto Show where, among Ford's displayed pre-production 2017's, there was a Fusion Sport on display. It was interesting to stand back watch people walk around the Ford display and witness very, very few people stop to look at the car. Almost no one stopped. Between the plain wheels (I'll call them ugly) and black out grill, the car just didn't look as nice as the other Fusions on display.
After seeing it in person, I questioned if it really is something that I even want to drive everyday: it's just that plain. Also, as the car was locked, I couldn't tell if Ford trimmed down the wide center console.
If a sleeper is what you are after, then this car is for you. If you want to let people know your car is different from the other 1 million Fusions out there, then you are going to have to throw some enhancements on the car like Fordman2012 just to get anyone to notice.

pics?

SD_Stang

Established Member
I'm not concerned with the wheels because those will be my first change along with window tint. Likely a 20x9 to fill the wheel gap a little and give it some style then up the stock 235/40 19 with a 255/35 20 then begin the power. The car has the self sensing dampers so I'm not sure if there be much in the way of modding the suspension. I'm sure there will be grill options as it's dimensions seem close to the focus or even changing the bumper cover to another version as long as the intercooler and radiator have plenty of breathing.

I'll be getting a base model as light as possible and ditching any spare. I almost feel like getting it in Black but I swore I wouldn't get another black car so I'll likely go with the Blue or the Ruby Red. The Focus/Fiesta warranty friendly company Mountune posted a picture of one on there site. If Mountune gets into them expect about a 375 hp warranty friendly version. I'd like to see what Lund does with them though. the nice thing is it is plain and not everyone except a performance guy will want to buy them so if sales are down they may offer some good deals and generally Ford will through out 0% financing to move them.

I'll probably look to buy around year end when the sales are nice that will give it time to see what they are running time wise and what's out on the market or if any issues arise.

Richard Orland

Established Member
Ford debuted the hot 2017 Fusion Sport model at the Detroit Auto Show and announced the AWD midsize 4-door would pack a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 that made a preliminary 325 horsepower and an impressively stout 350 lb-ft of torque.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread