2017 Ford Raptor HP and TQ Confirmed

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
http://blog.caranddriver.com/rap-charts-ford-officially-confirms-2017-raptor-horsepower-and-torque/

About two weeks ago, supposed dealer documentation leaked onto the World Wide Web, claiming that the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor’s 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6 would make 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. Guess what? Ford has now confirmed that the 2017 F-150 Ford Raptor’s 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6 will make 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque.

Dearborn claims the new Raptor has a 21 percent better torque-to-weight ratio than the previous truck, thanks to its aluminum body and turbocharged grunt. People with short memories may not recall that the last Raptor featured a 6.2-liter naturally aspirated V-8 making 411 horsepower and 434 lb-ft. Those folks are probably not reading this post, as such individuals likely couldn’t be bothered with a completely rethought factory brodozer. Not even one with a new 10-speed automatic transmission.

Meanwhile, the Raptor’s consumption, certified by the EPA, comes in at 15/18 mpg city/highway, down from a more mortal F-150 SuperCab 4×4’s numbers by 2 mpg in the city and 4 mpg on the highway. It is, however, an increase over the previous truck’s mileage by 4 in the city and 2 out on the open road. Regardless, Raptor buyers aren’t purchasing on economy figures. No matter what well-argued rationale they might offer, they’re fundamentally concerned with how well the thing handles sweet jumps. Thankfully, we should find that out very soon.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
That's pretty neat! I would love to see those HP/TQ figures for the Ford Explorer Sport.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
15/18? Not bad but nothing groundbreaking considering the 300 lbs weight difference and 10 speed. I would have guessed more than 2 MPG on highway improvement.

jshen

Established Member
Not bad but today Dodge announced their Raptor fighter with a 575 hp supercharged detuned Hellcat motor

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
15/18? Not bad but nothing groundbreaking considering the 300 lbs weight difference and 10 speed. I would have guessed more than 2 MPG on highway improvement.

Its something like a 12-13% improvement. Thats significant for a steady state operation.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice bump in city MPG. But thought it could do better on the highway with that 10 speed.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not bad but today Dodge announced their Raptor fighter with a 575 hp supercharged detuned Hellcat motor

That's pretty cool, took forever to find it. I just had to go to Rams website because there is nothing about it on social media.

They are calling it a concept, I wonder if it will actually happen, or what changes it could potentially have.

I think they should have used the 6.4 though, that iron block 6.2 weights 800lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread