2016 Used GT350...Price seems too good to be true?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Doesn't mean it was beat on.

See if the would work with you and get some exhaust on it.

EDIT: Had exhaust warranty work done...

View attachment 1474484

Yea, that doesn't mean it was beat on. However, they can't legally sell it. If they were going to do work to it to make it legal I would want the cooling issue addressed as well.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea, that doesn't mean it was beat on. However, they can't legally sell it. If they were going to do work to it to make it legal I would want the cooling issue addressed as well.

Sure they can sell it lol They can sell it to you, disclose it, and have you sign something where it's for offroad use only. How do you think all the third party sites sell exhaust without cats?

You've already said it'll just be a driver. Why would you care if it has the cooling on it or not?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Sure they can sell it lol They can sell it to you, disclose it, and have you sign something where it's for offroad use only. How do you think all the third party sites sell exhaust without cats?

You've already said it'll just be a driver. Why would you care if it has the cooling on it or not?

True, they can probably sell it if they disclose it, but made it sound like they can't sell it legally. I didn't care to ask because I need it to be registered.

I don't care if it has the cooling, honestly, but if you're going to work a deal and have work done to the car, I'd want the cooling addressed too. Why not?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
True, they can probably sell it if they disclose it, but made it sound like they can't sell it legally. I didn't care to ask because I need it to be registered.

I don't care if it has the cooling, honestly, but if you're going to work a deal and have work done to the car, I'd want the cooling addressed too. Why not?

I guess I was just looking at the rational side of it. They have no reason to add the cooling, but they should work something out about the cats so you can register it legally.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I guess I was just looking at the rational side of it. They have no reason to add the cooling, but they should work something out about the cats so you can register it legally.

I'm sure their response would be that it is listed well below market value, so the cats issue is yours to solve because you are getting one hell of a deal. I just called the dealership to see if they would be willing to work a deal, got the salesman's voicemail.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure their response would be that it is listed well below market value, so the cats issue is yours to solve because you are getting one hell of a deal. I just called the dealership to see if they would be willing to work a deal, got the salesman's voicemail.

And being priced as low as they are, that very well could be the case.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Well here is an interesting turn of events. I got a call from the dealership about 30 minutes ago. The car has an aftermarket exhaust and has no catalytic converters, so it will not pass smog and legally they can't even sell it knowing that it cannot be registered in the state. It has probably been beat to hell too. Warranty is void as a result as well.

Easy come, easy go! At least they told me before I hustled across town in rush hour traffic!

This sounds like an opportunity for you to extract some leverage from the seller. Have a fit and see what they will do about replacing the exhaust or give you a deal on something else. At that price you can get a 2013 ZL1 or a brand new GT.

Zeromaz

Established Member
I daily my GT350R here in Vegas. Very enjoyable. Its actually nice having its powerband in the upper RPM range because i can relax while driving when i want... and if i want to get on it, just keep it in gear for a tad bit longer.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a guy who runs his car out in Topeka, he has an R now but he did have a tech car, Nick knows him.

If you are in a position where you may want to start tracking the car, he installed an aftermarket cooler and between sessions would point a little fan at it. It seemed to do just fine.

Best sounding cars I've ever heard on track. Being passed by one is an absolute joy.

Sounds like a good deal if you ask me.

Established Member
It's a good deal and I owned a 16 tech pack and would not hesitate to use one for a DD. It will get a lot of attention, sounds fantastic, rides nice... Ideally the kicker subwoofer, HD radio, and better fuel economy would be nice, but you can't beat the drive with mag ride and the best brakes around.

rambler358

Established Member
I've got a '16 Tech Pack and although I don't track it, I put it to good use here in the SoCal canyon and twisty mountain roads. I don't baby it, and its never given me any overheating problems. I thoroughly enjoy this car and it suits my needs perfectly.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Dealership said they aren't willing to negotiate regarding the exhaust. Not only that, they just increased the price on their website by almost $5k. I guess the fact that marijuana is legal in NV has caused some folks to lose it! LOL

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not in CA! These bastards have found out how to profit on every penny that exchanges hands anywhere.

Ugh.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I saw this same car on cargurus.com, same price, they removed it yesterday, I thought the same thing, price seemed a bit low.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I saw this same car on cargurus.com, same price, they removed it yesterday, I thought the same thing, price seemed a bit low.

Price is back to the original price of $45,968...for a car without cats that can't be registered in any state with emissions tests. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread