2016 SS a8 vs 2013 m6 5.0. Puppy kicked.

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
2016 SS 6th gen a8 vs 2013 m6 5.0. Puppy kicked.

I've been hearing a lot on the new SS. I've heard they are as fast as the 5th gen zl1s and this and that. I've always said there was no way a stock one could beat me, well I found out yesterday. My buddy bought one and immediately called me out. After a short trip to Mexico. We get ready to do some rolls. First roll is a 40 from the honk I immediately start pulling shift into third it gets worse shift into 4th even more car lengths. shutting it off about 4-5 car lengths out. We do a 50 and 60 same result. Expected a little more I guess. Mods on my car boss mani, cat deletes with x pipe, and a 91 tune, with 3.73s. I know I beat a stock car but still lol. Still my car cost half the price even with mods.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
It was over for your friend once you said you had the boss intake. You can take vipers and z06's with ease with that 1 mod alone. Boss intake equip 5.0's dont lose to ANYTHING.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Beating a stock with a modded one and bragging about it... Lol... Then bring up price of the car.... Lmao.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
SwB34eA.jpg

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beating a stock with a modded one and bragging about it... Lol... Then bring up price of the car.... Lmao.

Well, the SS does make more power stock than his modded 5.0L (or they are both very close) and they weigh less sooo... the 8 spd is supposed to be no joke as well, but I'm sure it's more driver ability than anything with this race. I don't see the SS blowing him out of the water even with a capable driver, would be a good run I'd think.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Where's the vid? How many miles on the SS? It might still be breaking in - even though I know that's not supposed to be a big deal these days. Are you sure the guy was in the best gear on the jump and wasn't just leaving it in D and mashing it? 4-5 lengths sounds like there was some driver error or something.

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Where's the vid? How many miles on the SS? It might still be breaking in - even though I know that's not supposed to be a big deal these days. Are you sure the guy was in the best gear on the jump and wasn't just leaving it in D and mashing it? 4-5 lengths sounds like there was some driver error or something.

Lmao 500, he's an experienced driver also has a zl1 that does high tens. Bring on the rustledness. Also I have all the videos not sure how to post them off my phone though.

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Same friend raced another of ours friends with a 15 m6 5.0 that ran a 12.50 with a tune and slicks and walked the mustang maybe3 car lengths

Last edited:

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Let's see...
A stock SS has 415 horsepower, and weighs at least a few hundred pounds more than your mustang.

Sounds like the right outcome. They're pretty quick for a 3900 pound sedan.

And FYI, the ss has a 6 speed automatic, not an 8 speed.

http://m.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html#.Vz9eHPT3bCQ

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill OP. Interested in the results once he adds some bolt-ons.

Let's see...
A stock SS has 415 horsepower, and weighs at least a few hundred pounds more than your mustang.

Sounds like the right outcome. They're pretty quick for a 3900 pound sedan.

And FYI, the ss has a 6 speed automatic, not an 8 speed.

http://m.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html#.Vz9eHPT3bCQ

What are you talking about? Maybe you responded in the wrong thread?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Good kill OP. Interested in the results once he adds some bolt-ons.

What are you talking about? Maybe you responded in the wrong thread?

Actually I thought the same thing.. If it's a Camaro SS, then say so. A Chevy SS is as described by gnats.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
OP was the one that got called out. Maro driver was certain he had it in the bag, ends up loosing to a mild bolt-on 5.0. OP posts story, lots of butt hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread