2016+ GT350 Dyno Tune Results

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Just finished up doing a dyno tune on a customers car using HP Tuners today. Car came in making 498rwhp on our dyno and 408ftlbs of torque.

With our tune the car threw down 514rwhp and 425ftlbs of torque. Total gains of 16rwhp and 17ftlbs of torque. Most of the torque gains were found in the mid range.
Car was 100% stock other then the tune.

Red line is before, blue line is after.

QfW2Qwo.jpg

While currently were not offering email tunes. We will be offering tuning in house.

cluscher

Established Member
I like how the torque comes on earlier and more direct with just a tune. I'd love to know why it wasn't conservative enough for Ford to smooth that out on the OEM tune. Hopefully a track key will at some point.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I like how the torque comes on earlier and more direct with just a tune. I'd love to know why it wasn't conservative enough for Ford to smooth that out on the OEM tune. Hopefully a track key will at some point.

My bet is emissions compliance

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
My bet is emissions compliance
I would suspect a good portion of that, but a tune should iron that out mostly. Besides the improvement, just looks like that's where the efficiency of the cams/intake/heads really show up.
Wow that dyno reads high!
Yes it does, must be a Texas dynp . Only dynojets can be somewhat comfortably compared online, but even those have variances of happy dynos.

The gains should roughly hold up though dyno to dyno. 45 lbs ft @ ~3000 rpm, and 20 lbs ft up to @ 5000ish rpm is pretty nice, along with the extra 15-20 hp up top.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm anxiously waiting to see what an equal tri-y/catless x/full 3", bolt ons, e85 and custom tuning will do for a voodoo car. Some 3.90-4.10's, and maybe cams at the end of all that... 550whp na is gotta be possible.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
With torque coming in ~500RPM earlier with this tune, then the new 4.09 gears that just came out for the Super 8.8 from Ford Performance, I think the soggy bottom end will be a thing of the past. Kooks headers/3" exhaust and E85 have also shown to significantly increase torque on their own. Add all that up and throw the 4.09s in the mix, and I don't see it being an issue.

Some people think the bogs on drag launches seem to be a torque management system in the tune. If so, that can be tuned out once tuners figure it out. It will all come together with some time.

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
I am in the same boat wondering what it is going to take to keep the engine NA, and bring that initial torque curve earlier in the RPM band. The obvious exhaust mods and a tune, but from there...

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
With the size of valves, cams, and the ported heads in this engine, it may not ever go away totally. I believe it can be diminished to the point that it will be a non-issue from a performance standpoint though. It will never feel like an LS/LT GM engine cruising around town, it will have to be beaten a little bit to be enjoyed.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I am in the same boat wondering what it is going to take to keep the engine NA, and bring that initial torque curve earlier in the RPM band. The obvious exhaust mods and a tune, but from there...

My response to this post appears to have been "blanked". What's up with that?

Saleen_1977

Established Member
With torque coming in ~500RPM earlier with this tune, then the new 4.09 gears that just came out for the Super 8.8 from Ford Performance, I think the soggy bottom end will be a thing of the past. Kooks headers/3" exhaust and E85 have also shown to significantly increase torque on their own. Add all that up and throw the 4.09s in the mix, and I don't see it being an issue.

Some people think the bogs on drag launches seem to be a torque management system in the tune. If so, that can be tuned out once tuners figure it out. It will all come together with some time.

When will the 4.09 gears be available?

Users who are viewing this thread