2015's going to lose any weight??

goat-ee

Established Member
Sorry, if this has been answered, but I haven't followed real closely on the subject. I know early on there was speculation the 15's would see a significant weight reduction. Since I haven't heard any rumors on that lately, I assume that it's probably not true.

Any confirmation either way on the weight question?

4vtermn8r

Established Member
Nothing for sure yet. Probably not the 200-300lb estimate some were saying early on. From what I have heard, my guess would be only 50 to 100lb range.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Once you see the S550 in person, you could believe there was 200lbs taken out of the body. The Mustang seems considerably smaller than the S197, all the outer panels have been drawn inboard, giving the S550 a very tight, compact, efficient look.

The S550 looks lighter if size was an early indicator. The whole car is far better looking than the out going S197's in my opinion. I'm still sticking to my 3380lbs curb weight on a base 2015 Mustang 5.0 GT prediction. Ford has an awesome track record for weight loss. I'm betting the weight will rival the M4...

chancejat

Established Member
ford is purposely avoiding the subject...hopefully that means it lost some weight...if it was the same weight then i dont see why they would avoid talking about it.

Expurple

Established Member
My wild guess is that the gt-350 will end up loosing the 400 lbs that has been rumored. Replacing the boss as a corner carver mustang.

I wouldn't be surprised if they also include the flat-plane crank in this car as well.

Again more of a dream actually than a wild guess.

Astenax

Established Member
I cant wait to see how the 2014 and 2015 stack up against each other! If its a huge difference i might buy one in 2017 when they re fresh. Im doughtfull it will beat the 2014 by enough of a margin to hook me though.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Hopefully Ford doesn't drop the ball like Chevy did with the Vettes weight. Early on Chevy said the base C7 would weigh the same as the previous C6 Z06. Well it in fact gained 100lbs... That's about a 200lb difference.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
A good part of the IRS is aluminum. Ford has not shown its hand yet. How can it not be lighter than the 2014 Mustang? You all know Ford is on a mission to lower weight to improve gas mileage on new vehicles.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
It will probably gain 100 or 200 pounds and get beat by the Camaro.

You really believe that? :bash:

had Ford mentioned aluminum at all like on the F150?

Not gonna happen the first year. But you're on to something ;-)

Seriously though from what I've heard it's gaining 100 pounds. Which means it will be a tad bit slower, but will handle the curves to make the camaro fans happy.

Among other things, the 25 -30 extra hp the '15 will get will insure that the newer model will be improved in EVERY WAY over the older model. Jesus Christ, give your head a shake lad. Or at least think before you post.

It wont be heavier or slower in any way.

Well put. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread