2015 reviews are out

bpmurr

Established Member
I was thinking about selling my Shelby and picking up the GT PP if it equaled the 13 Boss I had in performance. Looks like from initial reviews it doesn't. I'll drive it before I make a final decision, but I'm really disappointed in what I read. Normally these first reviews are glowing (see C7) and then fade a little over time. The 15 Mustang isn't even starting off very good.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
It's going to be sad if the new Camaro comes out being lighter and having more HP. And it's a very good possibility..

Probably gonna happen :( I honestly didn't think this 15 GT was going to be anything special and it's not which sucks! All the test cars a weigh in around 38xx lbs, that's nasty, that sucks. The 15 GT is slow, the trap speed sucks, I was hoping for a constant 116-117+ mph 1/4. Either the 16 GT will be worlds better with some fine tuning or this generation will take the 2 place role as a muscle car.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Way to celebrate the 50th anniversary, Ford. Maybe they're just waiting to blow everyone away with the higher performance version. $46k for a Mustang GT is steep though, loaded or not.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Way to celebrate the 50th anniversary, Ford. Maybe they're just waiting to blow everyone away with the higher performance version. $46k for a Mustang GT is steep though, loaded or not.

It's the only logical idea that comes to mind for me. It better be one hell of a jump in performance, unfortunately it'll probably have one hell of jump in price as well when a loaded gt is 46k. They can't afford to have a '94 moment again especially with the car going overseas against some pretty stiff competition. Guess we will see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the svt models.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I agree. I'm sure it's a nice car but Ford really didn't hit a home run with this and the reviews are showing it. Hopefully in a comparison test they can get the 60 ft down and this supposedly superior handling outshines the 1le. It'll look really bad if the mustang can't beat the current 1le. I sure hope the mustang wins but I'm feeling like it's 1994 again.

I've been saying that for months. Finally someone else see's this. Better car, European flare, more Hp, more weight, less performance = 1994.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
LMAO!! You have the track times of this new 15 and a Boss? Please share.

It ran 12.8 @112.5mph..that is slower than the 14gt PP fully loaded? What will a stripper model run that is likely another 100 lbs lighter.

Laugh all you want. What I've been saying is coming to fruition. Everyone told me it was going to be faster than the outgoing GT because surely the the HP was underated. Doesn't show it. How about you show me where the new TP car is faster than a Boss. From what I've read in the articles they are hinting it won't be. Boss is lighter, has more HP, and is more balanced.
$50 Boss is faster around a road course????????????????????????????????????

Run a stripper 2014 vs a stripper 2015, the 15 still loses. Bolt a set of slicks and launch at 5K, 2014 is gone and the 2015 is sitting at the 30ft mark with a broken halfshaft.

The EB car is a dud. It runs with stock SHO Taurus that weigh 4400lbs. Question is will it run low 13's high 12's like the boat Taurus with only a TUNE. I doubt it.

Don't be mad at me that Ford sold you a bill of goods. Be mad at them the car is a disappointment. Reading those articles I don't see anything glowing about the new car, except the interior.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
You guys are trying to compare a loaded, premium package car to the boss? A car optioned with EVERYTHING that still only cost as much as a Boss did? A Car that with JUST the performance pack comes in at ~10k less than the Boss did? Check C&D initial test of the 5.0 and it went 13.2 @ 109... 13.0 is faster than 13.2 last i checked.

I fail to see why you all think you're entitled to your high horses about how much this car sucks.

The old 5.0 went .78 on the skid pad, and the s550 with loaded options still went .85. The Boss seems to grab .96 on the skidpad, which is still a bit over the S550 GT, but its certainly a HELL of a lot closer than it was with the previous model. I imagine a dedicated track pack car with no other frills and options slowing it down will give the Boss a serious run for its money. We'll just have to wait and see.

nicksender

Established Member
You guys are trying to compare a loaded, premium package car to the boss? A car optioned with EVERYTHING that still only cost as much as a Boss did? A Car that with JUST the performance pack comes in at ~10k less than the Boss did? Check C&D initial test of the 5.0 and it went 13.2 @ 109... 13.0 is faster than 13.2 last i checked.

I fail to see why you all think you're entitled to your high horses about how much this car sucks.

The old 5.0 went .78 on the skid pad, and the s550 with loaded options still went .85. The Boss seems to grab .96 on the skidpad, which is still a bit over the S550 GT, but its certainly a HELL of a lot closer than it was with the previous model. I imagine a dedicated track pack car with no other frills and options slowing it down will give the Boss a serious run for its money. We'll just have to wait and see.

The 0.78 and 0.85 for the old 5.0 and S550 are not skid-pad #'s; those are the figure 8 numbers from MT.

I have seen 0.94 for the old GT and 0.96 for the Boss on the skidpad. I would imagine the S550 should meet or beat the Boss on the skidpad.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Whoops, i stand corrected, Thank you. Getting all my numbers jumbled reading all these different articles at once.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Laugh all you want. What I've been saying is coming to fruition. Everyone told me it was going to be faster than the outgoing GT because surely the the HP was underated. Doesn't show it. How about you show me where the new TP car is faster than a Boss. From what I've read in the articles they are hinting it won't be. Boss is lighter, has more HP, and is more balanced.
$50 Boss is faster around a road course????????????????????????????????????

Run a stripper 2014 vs a stripper 2015, the 15 still loses. Bolt a set of slicks and launch at 5K, 2014 is gone and the 2015 is sitting at the 30ft mark with a broken halfshaft.

The EB car is a dud. It runs with stock SHO Taurus that weigh 4400lbs. Question is will it run low 13's high 12's like the boat Taurus with only a TUNE. I doubt it.

Don't be mad at me that Ford sold you a bill of goods. Be mad at them the car is a disappointment. Reading those articles I don't see anything glowing about the new car, except the interior.
You sure do know a lot about this new 2015 Mustang. More so than anyone else. Have you published your reviews so we can all read and see all these numbers you speak of?

rrg9946

Established Member
Im very excited. It is what I expected review wise. Its an all around very capable car that us made well. Very nice supportive interior with great materials. Strong power plant with tons of potential. Good looks in my opinion as well.

I've always wanted to graduate to a more refined car with strong capabilities, but its been hard to leave my Mustang history behind. I was close to doing so in the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 2011 5.0, but this is what I've been waiting for. I feel like I've graduated to a higher echelon of cars. It may not appeal to everyone, and be this 11 sec 1/4 beast from the show room, but its ready for my blower and my driving. Im excited and glad Ford has matured the Mustang to a refined world class car, without sacrificing Mustang roots or performance.

Fir those that do not care for that, then keep the Fox platform which I love or the S197 which I love as well. So its a good time for us all if you ask me.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
You sure do know a lot about this new 2015 Mustang. More so than anyone else. Have you published your reviews so we can all read and see all these numbers you speak of?

He's been wrong about everything else, but refuses to acknowledge it when called out. Just too smug to see past the end of his nose lol, just accept you will never convince him the S550 is anything other than garbage.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
He's been wrong about everything else, but refuses to acknowledge it when called out. Just too smug to see past the end of his nose lol, just accept you will never convince him the S550 is anything other than garbage.

True :D

Bob Cosby

Established Member

I would suggest that it is the same entitlement that you have to your high horse about how much this car rocks.

What's the difference, other than opinion?

Voltwings

Established Member
Well, maybe not opinion but preference. I can see the improvements, and i can see the potential.
The car has a better engine.
The car has (for i guess everything other than drag racing) better suspension, even though the S550 is faster stock.
A MUCH needed overhaul in interior ...

Everyone wants to dog the car in stock form, but so what, who among you has a stock car? You are disappointed because the car is not lighter, fair enough, it is not. Everyone else however, too jaded to see the obvious performance improvements is simply looking for something to not like. I have no argument with you because i feel you're the only one here with a valid complaint. 3800 lbs for a PP GT is hard to swallow, but i personally dont ever plan on owning one...

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

Where have I been wrong? I said it would be slower. I said it won't out handle or beat a Boss 302 around a road course, and that's pretty much it. Looks are subjective, I don't like. Interior is better, definitely. I have hard plastic door panels. SN95's have soft panels.

Didn't say it was garbage, just dissappointing. I completely understand the overall better driving experience. The GT500 I have is very rough and POGO's on expansion joints. My GTO is very smooth(IRS).

I'm such an elitist, I have a GT500. GTFO.:rolleyes:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

Just countering your banter about how it does beat a Boss 302 around a road course. Will Ford allow any magazine to disprove THEIR comments. BTW, where is the internal test to back up FOMOCO's brag?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread