2015 Mustang GT Automatic tuning.. Please let me know your thoughts/results

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
I recently traded my 13 GT M6 for a 15 GT A6. I have plans for a Whipple or comparable blower. Until then I want to add a tune "I really feel like the Torque Management is working overtime". My bolt-on 13 would walk my 15. How are the 15's responding to bolt-on's.

Jayme

Driver Mod
Established Member
12.64 @ 111mph here with a cat back exhaust only on stock tires. I'm also interested in the automatic tuning and for results. I've seen a few tuned 15s at the track with not much success...

12mustang5.0

Established Member
I recently traded my 13 GT M6 for a 15 GT A6. I have plans for a Whipple or comparable blower. Until then I want to add a tune "I really feel like the Torque Management is working overtime". My bolt-on 13 would walk my 15. How are the 15's responding to bolt-on's.
i totally agree with you man
i had a bolton 12 GT M6
and man nothing compared to my 15 auto
the auto is like its holding back every single time i step on the gas
i installed a bama tune yesterday
car feels way better still not as great as my old GT

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
sat in my buddies tuned 15 with cold air intake and corsa extreme catback...we were happy but not as happy as the canned tunes we use to get for the 11-14's...i think with more time the tuners will get these things atleast on par with the 11-14's. i remember the kick on shifts on my former 11 and 13 and its not the same kick on the shifts with the 15's...

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
I think the extreme suspension change plays a lot in the seat of the pants feel. My 12 CTS-V ran great and upset many cars on the street. The suspension made the car feel tame compared to a old supercharged fox body a friend of mine has. When we raced the V would win every time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think the extreme suspension change plays a lot in the seat of the pants feel. My 12 CTS-V ran great and upset many cars on the street. The suspension made the car feel tame compared to a old supercharged fox body a friend of mine has. When we raced the V would win every time.

That has a lot to do with all the added sensations you get in an older car. A lot of times they end up feeling much faster than they are.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
There is a way to turn it off. My tuner turned the torque management down from 30% to 20%. There is a little box on the hp tuners that had the number 30 in it. My et went from 10.80@132 to 10.53@136.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
I have nothing to compare it to but I have a Bama tune...my 2012 Mustang GT 6-speed had an AED tune....and it runs well. My biggest concern with my new GT auto was drivability, especially in southern Texas summer heat. No tracks near me, I haven't run it but it definitely is a bit more aggressive during shifts than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread