2015 Hennessey Mustang.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You could build the same thing for 1/2 the price.

This is what kills me. Get a blower and exhaust and all other upgrades from Ford Racing and have a reputable shop install them and you'll come out way ahead on price and not have his stupid name plastered all over your car.

Troponin

Established Member
What idiot is still paying for any product or service from Hennessy????

Was wondering the same. I have an acquaintance that worked for Hennessy for several years, building and designing kits and engines. He had very little good to say about them from the aspect of them doing anything special and the cost. They basically slap on a kit, like, for instance, Maggie, tune it, show a big number, then detune it to make it safer, then send it out to the customer. Nothing that any other performance shop couldn't do. They are the same exact kits you can get from any of those companies

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
How is this dude still in business with as many times as he's been sued?

supposedly he is no longer the owner. some rich guy bought him out. he's just the "face" of the company, which is kind of lol. but they still keep making $. so ive heard. they have a location out here in so cal where hennesey himself is at.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
IDK who built that car, it's BA!

How is this dude still in business with as many times as he's been sued?

He's a car mag darling. C&D and others still love him.

supposedly he is no longer the owner. some rich guy bought him out. he's just the "face" of the company, which is kind of lol. but they still keep making $. so ive heard. they have a location out here in so cal where hennesey himself is at.

Yep, he finally had to sell his own name. They have a nice shop out in Sealy, a good in with a local tech/tuning school, and they've been pretty "legit" for a while with the small time cars. I still wouldn't buy anything from them just because of the gross markup, and I wouldn't trust any "record" that shop sends further than I could throw a blown up C7.

Users who are viewing this thread