2015 Hellion Twin install pics and review

Obsol3te

Orange Golfball
Established Member
Those are the final numbers, lol. I might add a couple of pounds of boost.

Won't any time soon. I absolutely despise the summer heat and have no interest in going to the track and sweat my balls off.

I've had several fast cars ranging from 10.90's to 9.60's.... This car hits hard and should easily run in the sub 10.50 range.

That's a lot of money to only run 5lbs of boost, Damn was really curious to see how it did with 10-11 lbs. Still.horribly jealous of course

Turbosixx

Established Member
That's a lot of money to only run 5lbs of boost, Damn was really curious to see how it did with 10-11 lbs. Still.horribly jealous of course

It is a lot of money but when you consider it makes 500 lb/ft of torque at 3000 rpms with 5 psi and has the ability to make 1000 hp, then it becomes a bargain.

I plan on adding two pounds of boost in a few weeks.

olaosunt

Established Member
It is a lot of money but when you consider it makes 500 lb/ft of torque at 3000 rpms with 5 psi and has the ability to make 1000 hp, then it becomes a bargain.

I plan on adding two pounds of boost in a few weeks.

Thanks for the update.

What injectors ? Did you get a boost a pump?
I got the KB and I am using the ID1000's off my 12( had to upgrade them per Lund to the 1300's for my 12 since I will be running 20 psi with e85 with my auto conversion tune).

I am hoping I can turn the boost up as high as 11 with race gas for the track otherwise what would be the point of the fuel upgrades.

Any chance of seeing the dyno graph?
I chose the Hellion over the whipple cause of the low torque numbers I was seeing .

I also already had the 2.9 on my 12 before going back to the TVS/snake bite/8 rib combo which I much preferred to the whipple because of crazy torque- 700 lb/ft from like 2500 rpm

I know I am not going to get that instant torque with the turbo but how much lag is there?
I can't wait.I was told kit will ship on 6/25.

Turbosixx

Established Member
I have ID1000's without a boost a pump. I'll probably get a Kenne Bell pretty soon.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of the graph and post it. The torque comes in early and stays there for the remainder of the rpm range.

The lag is kind of misleading...... The kit is designed to have really good drivability so in order to achieve that Hellion specs the bov's to be open until you're building enough boost to close them. That makes the turbos vent boost until you overcome the bov's opening and the boost closes the valves. In other words, you have to give it 3/4 throttle to get it to spool quickly. There's almost no lag with the 55's.

olaosunt

Established Member
I have ID1000's without a boost a pump. I'll probably get a Kenne Bell pretty soon.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of the graph and post it. The torque comes in early and stays there for the remainder of the rpm range.

The lag is kind of misleading...... The kit is designed to have really good drivability so in order to achieve that Hellion specs the bov's to be open until you're building enough boost to close them. That makes the turbos vent boost until you overcome the bov's opening and the boost closes the valves. In other words, you have to give it 3/4 throttle to get it to spool quickly. There's almost no lag with the 55's.
Thanks a lot for answering my questions.
Really appreciated.
I am hoping I get my base manual back from on3 soon, so it will be interesting to compare since both will have 55's.

lobe50

Subscribing...So confused on which FI route to go Lol
I was really looking at Whipple, but was concerned w the low tq #'s
I noticed it when I was comparing it to the Kenne Bell by Boostworks graphs

A couple hundred ftlbs difference is crazy

95cobby

Established Member
Here's a vid I did of mine the other day. Still working on the tune so I don't have any numbers yet. Car is running 9lbs right now..

[video=youtube_share;W9HUNU-QEmc]http://youtu.be/W9HUNU-QEmc[/video]

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Here's a vid I did of mine the other day. Still working on the tune so I don't have any numbers yet. Car is running 9lbs right now..

[video=youtube_share;W9HUNU-QEmc]http://youtu.be/W9HUNU-QEmc[/video]

That's awesome man, runs like a beast but is composed like a thoroughbred

nordy racer

Established Member
Those are the final numbers, lol. I might add a couple of pounds of boost.

Won't any time soon. I absolutely despise the summer heat and have no interest in going to the track and sweat my balls off.

I've had several fast cars ranging from 10.90's to 9.60's.... This car hits hard and should easily run in the sub 10.50 range.

damn you man lol.. i'm about to make the jump to a 15 also.. this time i'm staying away from a NA build lol.. congrats on the new car and set up..

Turbosixx

Established Member
damn you man lol.. i'm about to make the jump to a 15 also.. this time i'm staying away from a NA build lol.. congrats on the new car and set up..

Thanks bro.

Hers a pic with the drag wheels.

9EEB9206-9EF9-4489-B691-D32ECC0DC2F8.jpg

Turbosixx

Established Member
17x10 and 17x5
MT 295/45 17 and MT 28x6

A guy posted them on social media, I immediately bought them. I was about to order a set but got a good deal on these.

roki187

Established Member
Does your car still have the stock pp front brakes?

Dude that ride is sick!!!!! The stance and the TT kit to back it up. Absolutely stunning!!!!!

Turbosixx

Established Member
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

The car is an auto premium GT, not a PP. It does have the stock front brakes.

Sloride

Established Member
Looks awesome. Thinking of going this route as well on my 2016. Any other pictures of the exhaust connections underneath? Have emissions testing in my area and may have to sandwich some high flow cats somewhere. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread