2015 GT 400A and 401A..?

101blur

Established Member
Sorry to sound like an idiot but can someone tell what is the difference from the two packages..? other then the obvious price.
400A whats included
401A whats included

thanks

jonb347

Established Member
● Shaker™ Pro Audio System (12 Speakers)
● HD Radio™
● Memory Driver Seat (2 settings) and Mirrors
Note: Not Available with Recaro® Leather Seats (88S)
● Blind Spot Information System with Cross-traffic Alert

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
is push button start standard in either of these trims? Bout friggin time Ford included this!
Would be awesome if it was basically key less.

Just a key fob kept in pocket from walking to vehicle, sitting in vehicle and starting vehicle, keys in pocket entire time!!!

Deranged2013

Established Member
2015 gt premium order sheet.jpg

101blur

Established Member
thanks yes basically what im trying to figure out but I wonders can you just add the navi..? or can that not be added to the 400A package

theCollector

Established Member
Recaro seats over option 401A all day!!! Then go get a custom sound system installed if needed.

But then you lose heated and air conditioned seats. (Recaros don't have these features)

Not sure where you live but on days like today where it is mid 90's, cooled seats make a huge difference.

Last edited:

101blur

Established Member
Yea it might 90's two or three weeks out of the Year I live in the bay most of the year its around 65-70 out here car will only see summer days. just trying to see if 3k price difference is worth is. I dont need any rear view carmera stuff or blind signal stuff or cruise control so maybe save some money there.

2panther

Established Member
I've seen the non-MFT stereo/climate control setup and I actually like it. I dig the numeric keypad for phone dialing, I've seen that in Mercedes Benz vehicles. The only extra I would be interested in is the Shaker Pro-Audio system. Can that be added to a base GT without all the other stuff?

Does the base GT have a leather wrapped steering wheel. I remember when I had my 2012 on order it was a vinyl steering wheel which I was ok with because I read a bunch of threads on swapping for a GT leather wrapped wheel for a few hundy.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Yea it might 90's two or three weeks out of the Year I live in the bay most of the year its around 65-70 out here car will only see summer days. just trying to see if 3k price difference is worth is. I dont need any rear view carmera stuff or blind signal stuff or cruise control so maybe save some money there.

I have the Ac seats in my explorer sport and I'm not impressed.

I'll be opting for the recaros

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
401A is pointless.

I had HD radio in my WRX and my mom has it in her BMW and it's a terrible feature. When the radio bounces in and out of HD, it can change volume, tone, and even sometimes placement in the song that is playing. My mom can't turn hers off. I could, but it would randomly turn itself back on. Hated it with a passion.

Blind spot warning, so an annoying little light on your mirror that blinks when a car is next to you. That annoys me on other people's cars lol.

Thankfully there is not a single thing worth getting in that package, so I don't have to pony up the cash for other wasted features. The keyless entry/start that the Mustang has standard can only be had on a 3-series by getting a $4k option package...

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
yeah the only thing that remotely interests me in the 401A package is the 2-memory seating. My wife and I will both drive the car often, and this feature has really spoiled us in our Acura. But it's not worth the steep price for the 401A.

FWIW, I've spent a good amount of time in the cooled seats in my buddies' F-150's and they are AWESOME. I'm very glad to see that they are included as standard equipment in the 400A package. Those will definitely come in handy at Mustang Week!

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
so whats the main difference if you go from a standard GT to the Premium(400a package) ??

400a package gets you:
heated/cooled leather seats
My Ford Touch (with the 8" LCD touchscreen)
the toggle switches with selectable driving modes
dual zone climate control
heated mirrors
rear diffuser
9-speaker stereo

other stuff like ambient lighting, aluminum pedals, etc... I'm not sure if that's included in the base GT or not?

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
Do we know if the outside mirrors will be auto dimming? GM has had auto dimming driver side mirrors on trucks since like 2005. My 2010 ram r/t had both outside mirrors auto dimming and it spoiled me.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I don't believe they are auto dimming. The order guide just states "Mirrors- Heated with Integrated Turn Signals"

.... I don't recall seeing any statements that they are auto dimming anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread