2015 F150 - Recommend Lug Nuts

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Probably ~20 of my stock “chrome” lug nuts are swollen out of spec which made them a PITA last brake job.

There are plenty of places that carry aftermarket pieces, but I’m looking for first hand experience with lug nuts.

Chrome is preferred as they’re going on the ugly stock 18” wheels on our truck.

Thanks

BF05A36C-706A-40E5-9F51-031777196E9E.jpeg

Zemedici

Established Member
Gorilla lugs are quality

Can get off Amazon or summit

I just always did black ones so you don’t have to worry about the shitty chrome finish peeling off

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Have they held up, or have you not had to remove them since replacing the factory ones?

they've been on there 2-3 years and had the wheels off several times to rotate, do brakes etc and theyre good.

Ford and everyone else used those stupid ass 2 piece lugs (inner core and a shell), the gorilla ones are just plain old one piece

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
they've been on there 2-3 years and had the wheels off several times to rotate, do brakes etc and theyre good.

Ford and everyone else used those stupid ass 2 piece lugs (inner core and a shell), the gorilla ones are just plain old one piece

Yup, my dad had a charger with the same issue, just worse.

I’ll pick up a set.

Bronze123

Established Member
Last I knew Ford dealer might be the solution. They sell them by one or a kit. I believe the kit makes it cheaper and a newer design.

When I worked at a repair shop I would replace them without charging the customer. Last thing I needed was a customer to drop a good pile of cash on repairs. Just to get a flat, and their spare tire tool be useless. Ford,Toyota and pretty much every Chrysler product has this issue.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I know they’re going to be more than I paid. Even then, not sure if they’d be two piece lug nuts like the factory ones, or the solid one piece.

I just said screw it and ordered one piece Gorilla Automotive nuts.

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
Orange box dorman lug nuts are damn good. They cost me a pretty penny on my infiniti when the oem swelled up. I think it was like 80 for 20 nuts. Better than going back with oem at at least 10 ea and getting the same crappy tin cap over a open lug nut design like what all the oem has gone to.

Sent from my SM-G781U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Orange box dorman lug nuts are damn good. They cost me a pretty penny on my infiniti when the oem swelled up. I think it was like 80 for 20 nuts. Better than going back with oem at at least 10 ea and getting the same crappy tin cap over a open lug nut design like what all the oem has gone to.

Sent from my SM-G781U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Definitely wasn’t interested in an OeM replacement.

I think it was 70+ shipping for the 24 I got.

Better than praying my 4 way wont snap off every bolt as the factory wrench wouldn’t fit on at all.

Users who are viewing this thread