2015 Ecoboost Mustang Ride Video

EditorTurner

Established Member
High Five

Five things I learned riding in the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

By Steve Turner

In case you didn’t believe that I rode in the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang, it’s time to share a little video of our experience. Your author had to overcome some technical difficulties to recover this video, but I think you’ll agree it was worth the extra effort.

Continue reading →

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just spent a few days with the new 1.5L EcoBoost Fusion. The power from such a small mill is surprising. I think it'll be interesting to see the new 2.3 Mustang takes to mods.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hungry for data and really looking forward to seeing you bring it to the table Steve.

Terry Fair at Vorshlag took some measurements of a preproduction (it did have a VIN) car a few days ago. Rear track was 75.75" and front track was 73.50. Wheel base came in at 107". Car had 255/40/19's at all four corners. Somewhat disturbing, with only the 255 up front, the wheel to strut clearance was only about 8-10mm. Still waiting for information on the driveshaft as well as how wide you'll be able to go out back.

The wolves are getting hungry...

EditorTurner

Established Member
It seemed kind of quiet at the time, especially outside the car, but it does sound good in the video.

Keep in mind that this was a <strong>pre-production</strong> vehicle and Ford engineers stated they were still working on the tuning of the exhaust sound. I'd expect a quieter final product.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve - that's nuts. EPA certifications for "on-road" CARB executive orders are showing '15 model year Fords being added to the list almost every week. I've yet to see a '15 Mustang powerplant be added to the system but they have to have already compiled certification data for submission. If they are saying that they were "still working on the tuning of the exhaust sound" that would mean that some Tier One suppliers still don't know to what spec/design they will be building to (unless they were given numerous specs and Ford is going to choose one for a given engine, etc). That low bidder better be ready to go when the phone rings...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I know Steve.:)

I wish I could accompany you on some to some of these venues. I could formulate a line of indiscreet questioning designed to induce cognitive cloaking, whereby a particular "rep" would spew more secrets than Edward Snowden. If that doesn't work we could always employ the "look - a UFO!" strategy.

steeltoe

Established Member
I just spent a few days with the new 1.5L EcoBoost Fusion. The power from such a small mill is surprising. I think it'll be interesting to see the new 2.3 Mustang takes to mods.
I worked on/drove some a few years ago and Ford didn't have the calibration 100% right. So 1 car broke down and a few others keep going in to overboost protection but it was a start of a great car.
I'm surprised how good the Ecoboost sounds.
It sounds great but the Fiat 500 Abrath sounds a little better. They should try to get it closer to that.
Be sure to get me a list of Tobnical questions and email it to me before my next close encounter...
I'm going to send you a PM for something for you to look forward too or ask question about.

Users who are viewing this thread