2015 Coyote can handle revving to 8k ?

weebz69

Established Member
Hey guys my next move is that I want to do a GT350 intake manifold. I'm just afraid of reving that motor to 7800 stock. I know I read you can buy like bullet oil pump gears and this and that...but looking at the parts it's like 3-400 a piece then having someone install that shit for you just to be able to safely rev to 8k to make 22 more hp...that's a lot of money plus the cost of the intake manifold and tuning...so my question is simple can these 5.0s handle 8k from the factory or should I just forget the idea.

spaldingpm

Established Member
Imo.. revving to 8k with a proper intake mods, exhaust and billet oil pump gears is worth the money, for the sound alone lol.
What you also have to factor in is if you rev to 8k as opposed to say 7500... that gives you 500 more rpm in power to rev to and in 4th and 5th, in a race, that's a BIG deal and being that 5th is 1:1, 5th is ok to run out unlike 5th in a 3650 or t56. Also when you shift, it'll thow you right back into more power band than it would if you shifted at say 7500.

The coyote is very new to me. I'm use to blown 2v's and terminators, so this is pretty awesome. The coyote (especially s550) is one hell of a motor.

Last edited:

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have done it a couple of times road racing, still runs fine. I had the hydraulic fluid blowout of the lines and the clutch went out once though. Had to get towed in, added brake fluid and pumped the clutch a hundred times and was back in the race :)

Users who are viewing this thread