2014 viper documentary=handbuilt

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I know there's some automation involved, but overall from the looks of the doc it's mostly handmade- more so than any other american car I know of. even though I can't currently afford one I think it's accurately priced at 110k if not a bargain and anyone who's ever built a custom or pro-touring car would agree for what you're getting+a warranty.
http://youtu.be/8GDeTk_zJnI

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'd rather it be cheaper and built more automated, like the Corvette. Now that they start at $85k, it's a little more reasonable though. They dropped the msrp from $99k start price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw that video last week. An informative and well done video. Do Dodge!

The Perfect Mix Of Majesty & Mayhem!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I'd rather it be cheaper and built more automated, like the Corvette. Now that they start at $85k, it's a little more reasonable though. They dropped the msrp from $99k start price.

I have to wholeheartly disagree with this^. especially with the paint process- the new corvettes have more peel than a tropicana warehouse.

hey11101

Established Member
Video had some cool parts learned a couple of things but it also had some cheesiness in the video as well. I am glad they are coming out with some sort of marketing for it. Love the car btw.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Wow. Never would've thought. Can't believe the carbon fiber process! Now i fell kinda sad they're going for $85k. Seems like its worth more.

cclark

Established Member
Yeah there's definitrly pros and cons to both the new z and the viper. Viper having a better interior and paint obviously however there is no options for cc brakes or a trick pdr system to record performance like the z has.

99BOSS

Established Member
Awesome video! Like a brochure thats come to life. I can attest to the fit and finish on these cars, its fantastic. The paint is perfect in every way, like the body panels were just molded in color, not painted. To me, this is what separates the Viper from the Vette. The Viper is handmade and a lot more exotic.

MTBSully

Established Member
Holy shit I had no idea the level that this car was built to. Almost all hand made. Would make me HATE to crash one. Imagine how much that hood alone costs?

F8L BYT

Established Member
Holy shit I had no idea the level that this car was built to. Almost all hand made. Would make me HATE to crash one. Imagine how much that hood alone costs?

Yep, very expensive. I know a few years ago the older GTS hoods were 10k dollars

Rct851

Established Member
Yep, very expensive. I know a few years ago the older GTS hoods were 10k dollars
My buddies pill head mom put one into a shallow ditch on the way home from the dealership brand new. After replacing the hood and a few other bits it was 18k lol

Users who are viewing this thread