2014 Ordered your way,,$1500 over MSRP

reason4treason

Established Member
They were looking into buying another dealers allocation. Told them I thought it was a bad move just for the reasons listed here. They are a small town dealership and I felt they would be sitting on this one at $1500 over. I knew from the forum that there were better deals out there than what he was thinking. Smart move in my book will be for them to pass on this. I bought their only '14 allocation so they were going to have to buy another dealers.

depends on what price they can get the allocation for.

there's a guy on another forum who posted that he had an allocation. supposedly he needed somebody to use it within the week or he'd just place a store stock order. I emailed him and he wrote me that he had already placed the order. he also wrote me that he's scarfing other dealers' unused allocations up at invoice. I said well why don't you just flip me one at 1000 over invoice and i'll pick up the cost for the courtesy shipment. I said high volume at low prices is just as good as low volume at high prices, plus he'd broaden his customer base. he replied that he could see my point, but he could sell them all day at msrp plus. but he's got one that's been sitting there for 2 1/2 months, which of course wasn't sold any day lately. he wrote that the one he just ordered is getting blended next week. I just wished him well and moved on. people say lots of stuff and one doesn't always have a way to verify because of course Ford isn't going to confirm or deny anything.

if they can get the allocation for low enough, maybe invoice or very close to it and then offer it to a customer at maybe 2K over invoice or so, they'd probably move it real quick.

anybody who just contacts dealer after dealer after dealer can find msrp. it's just a matter of spending enough time on a computer.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Not to be mean, but why would a dealer be consulting with a customer for advice on inventory?

Your advice for them not to do it is a bad bit of business advice. If they can buy dealer to dealer and buy stagnant inventory at dealer to dealer prices tha other dealers (alaska and other rural stores), the dealer is still making 1500-1800 per car at invoice.

Do you know how many trucks, focuses, fusions, vans and other models a dealer has to sell to make 3000-3600 plus whatever margin, finance/leasing reserve they will make?

I will buy both cars at dealer to dealer prices if you have access to them. (I own a dealer/leasing company). Or if they need a real dealer consultant PM me.

depends on what price they can get the allocation for.

there's a guy on another forum who posted that he had an allocation. supposedly he needed somebody to use it within the week or he'd just place a store stock order. I emailed him and he wrote me that he had already placed the order. he also wrote me that he's scarfing other dealers' unused allocations up at invoice. I said well why don't you just flip me one at 1000 over invoice and i'll pick up the cost for the courtesy shipment. I said high volume at low prices is just as good as low volume at high prices, plus he'd broaden his customer base. he replied that he could see my point, but he could sell them all day at msrp plus. but he's got one that's been sitting there for 2 1/2 months, which of course wasn't sold any day lately. he wrote that the one he just ordered is getting blended next week. I just wished him well and moved on. people say lots of stuff and one doesn't always have a way to verify because of course Ford isn't going to confirm or deny anything.

if they can get the allocation for low enough, maybe invoice or very close to it and then offer it to a customer at maybe 2K over invoice or so, they'd probably move it real quick.

anybody who just contacts dealer after dealer after dealer can find msrp. it's just a matter of spending enough time on a computer.

There in lies the rub,,,,,the allocation he can get will be MSRP from other dealer,,,he's not getting a deal from them,,,,,my reply to them if it had been at invoice would have been different.

NorCalGuy

Established Member
Just tossing this out. Seeing what kind of interest is out there for this offer. Please post, good or bad,,,all thoughts.

My dealer just called to ask if I thought there would be any interest in this.

Don't shoot messenger!!!:nono:

I ordered mine last week from San Leandro Ford (SF Bay Area) at MSRP. There two Blk/Blk w/various options available in the CA Central Valley for $1-2k below MSRP. They might go lower with a serious buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread