2014 Ordered your way,,$1500 over MSRP

Ky GT500

Established Member
Just tossing this out. Seeing what kind of interest is out there for this offer. Please post, good or bad,,,all thoughts.

My dealer just called to ask if I thought there would be any interest in this.

Don't shoot messenger!!!:nono:

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Under MSRP is more and more common. I got agreement for $1500 under plus no fees from two local dealers. I ordered from one dealer, don't know if the other dealer has ordered their allocation or not, or if regional rep has already ordered for their stock by default. I know the window is closing fast.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Under MSRP is more and more common. I got agreement for $1500 under plus no fees from two local dealers. I ordered from one dealer, don't know if the other dealer has ordered their allocation or not, or if regional rep has already ordered for their stock by default. I know the window is closing fast.

I know,,,I told them that there are deals to be had, just had to find them,,,but I told them I would post anyway.

Marc

Established Member
Just look around you will find them at MSRP and there are 13's on the lots that you can get for just over invoice (from what is being posted here). As long as you have patience, you will find one. Most of us went through this especially when the 13's first came out.

Simon_C

Established Member
If I had the chance to pay $1,500 over MSRP I would be happy. There is a 40 percent luxury car tax in Cayman. A fully loaded 2014 land in Cayman for around $100K. It is still less than sourcing my own in the US and importing the car myself.

It's the car I want though, so I really have no choice.

s4awd

Established Member
Yeah. I found my exact spec on the lot for $1,000 under MSRP for a 14. I can see value for picking what you want but this thing ain't a Ferrari with a ton of choices. I'm sure someone would appreciate the fact that the allocation is available. Thanks for that.

Last edited:

Mombo

Established Member

reason4treason

Established Member
heeeeeeeell no. msrp isn't hard to find. and yes, '13s are out there, usually black with a bunch of options, and most often no glass roof though.

if he wants to do 1500 over INVOICE shoot me a kite. and i'll be doing a courtesy drop which of course I'd pick up the tab for. already have 2 local dealers who will accept.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
heeeeeeeell no. msrp isn't hard to find. and yes, '13s are out there, usually black with a bunch of options, and most often no glass roof though.

if he wants to do 1500 over INVOICE shoot me a kite. and i'll be doing a courtesy drop which of course I'd pick up the tab for. already have 2 local dealers who will accept.

If you have 2 local dealers that would accept, then why would you deal with the hassle and pay extra for courtesy delivery?

reason4treason

Established Member
clarification: they accept a COURTESY DROP, not the price I want. actually I DO have two that will accept my price if they can get an extra allocation, . One at $1000 over and a second at $1500 over. I did get my '13 by a redistributed allocation. meanwhile, i'm continuing to look....far and wide, even Alaska.

this is why I get upset about how unused allocations are redistributed at the same time that Ford has CONFIRMED Vehicle Orders that don't have an allocation. CONFIRMED means, "yes, we DO officially have your order placed with us." and if Ford wants to use those allocations, then just fill the damn orders!

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I posted a $1000 under MSRP car a few weeks ago- took a few days but someone took it.

$1500 over won't happen

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Your "desperate to own" market is cut down considerably because there are so many used GT500s available at half the price. Heck, there are even a few used 2013's out there, although you won't find quite the deal on them you will on a 07-09.

Maybe your dealer will get lucky though. Here in south Texas, its not uncommon to see Mexican nationals pay whatever price a dealer slaps on them. Which basically means I gotta find a dealer nowhere near me to buy any performance vehicle.

Ky GT500

Established Member
They were looking into buying another dealers allocation. Told them I thought it was a bad move just for the reasons listed here. They are a small town dealership and I felt they would be sitting on this one at $1500 over. I knew from the forum that there were better deals out there than what he was thinking. Smart move in my book will be for them to pass on this. I bought their only '14 allocation so they were going to have to buy another dealers.

carguy19

Established Member
They were looking into buying another dealers allocation. Told them I thought it was a bad move just for the reasons listed here. They are a small town dealership and I felt they would be sitting on this one at $1500 over. I knew from the forum that there were better deals out there than what he was thinking. Smart move in my book will be for them to pass on this. I bought their only '14 allocation so they were going to have to buy another dealers.

Not to be mean, but why would a dealer be consulting with a customer for advice on inventory?

Your advice for them not to do it is a bad bit of business advice. If they can buy dealer to dealer and buy stagnant inventory at dealer to dealer prices tha other dealers (alaska and other rural stores), the dealer is still making 1500-1800 per car at invoice.

Do you know how many trucks, focuses, fusions, vans and other models a dealer has to sell to make 3000-3600 plus whatever margin, finance/leasing reserve they will make?

I will buy both cars at dealer to dealer prices if you have access to them. (I own a dealer/leasing company). Or if they need a real dealer consultant PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread