2014 Mustang dyno results

_Snake_

Established Member
WTF is with all the bitching about the baseline here. If somebody comes in here and actually says to themselves, "OMFG, this starke fella just gained over 100 hp near redline from TUNING ALONE!!! I gotta get me that tune!"....then they are ignorant or not doing enough research before spending money on their car.

The baseline number shown here is actually useful and telling. If you have a shit tune on your Mustang, or add mods without tuning, etc...you can end up with that shit baseline result. The proper tune overlayed on the graph shows the difference. No place did this guy say he tuned a stock mustang GT and this was the result from his genius tuning alone.

Forums are ridiculous sometimes.

OP, nice job getting that Mustang back on track.

Well said

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
The base tune WAS off. That can obv be seen in the pic of the dyno graph.

It's not even my car guys, I have a 2011. This was a customer. Not trying to mislead anyone here.

Dalpilot

Established Member
I apologize if it came across that I was saying you were trying to mislead anyone. I never felt that way.

Great job tuning.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 1st tune had some real issues. I wonder if it was even safe. You may have saved this guys motor looking at what came in with and how smooth it was after.

StevenStarke

Established Member
Not sure if serious?? Std/sae/uncorrected are all correction factors. Couple other ones too.

Regardless, good numbers.

What I mean is that there is no way I could have changed the CF on those 2 runs separately. They would both be on the same CF. SAE, STD, UNCORRECTED, etc... But those #'s you see are STD. If anyone wants to see SAE #'s I can grab them off the computer as well. It's just going to make both numbers go down.

A lot of people on here are way to concerned with the actual #. A dyno is a scale, really there to see before and after. It doesn't matter that much if you make 425whp and everyone else online makes 435whp with the same mods. What matters is how the car comes in vs how it leaves and what the curve looks like. I think we nailed it in both of those aspects on this car.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Who in the H did the base tune LOL! And i would inform that customer after each mod he needs a re tune in case he wasn't doing that already which either the tuner was on crak or he wasn't informing them of changes so seems. Nice gains either way congrats.

StevenStarke

Established Member
Who in the H did the base tune LOL! And i would inform that customer after each mod he needs a re tune in case he wasn't doing that already which either the tuner was on crak or he wasn't informing them of changes so seems. Nice gains either way congrats.

I don't remember honestly. But like I said, I believe the base map was sent to him before he had all of those mods. I think the car had made 404whp at some point if I recall. He added some mods after receiving the base tune so it was off. I don't think the guy who did the base tune should be knocked either though, the car had some mods added to it after.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I don't remember honestly. But like I said, I believe the base map was sent to him before he had all of those mods. I think the car had made 404whp at some point if I recall. He added some mods after receiving the base tune so it was off. I don't think the guy who did the base tune should be knocked either though, the car had some mods added to it after.

Well i agree with this, if the customer added mods and never tuned again well that's the customers fault for it looking like junk LMAO! And yes in that case DONT post the tunners info cause SOME people on here will not be able to put 2 and 2 together eventually leading to negative press for that tuner :thumbsup:

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Established Member
Well i agree with this, if the customer added mods and never tuned again well that's the customers fault for it looking like junk LMAO! And yes in that case DONT post the tunners info cause SOME people on here will not be able to put 2 and 2 together eventually leading to negative press for that tuner :thumbsup:

I don't even remember the original tuner honestly. And I think that's why he came in for a tune. He knew it was off.

SCalla1384

Established Member
What I mean is that there is no way I could have changed the CF on those 2 runs separately. They would both be on the same CF. SAE, STD, UNCORRECTED, etc... But those #'s you see are STD. If anyone wants to see SAE #'s I can grab them off the computer as well. It's just going to make both numbers go down.

A lot of people on here are way to concerned with the actual #. A dyno is a scale, really there to see before and after. It doesn't matter that much if you make 425whp and everyone else online makes 435whp with the same mods. What matters is how the car comes in vs how it leaves and what the curve looks like. I think we nailed it in both of those aspects on this car.

Oh I agree completely. I use the dyno more so to see what mods pick up and where. Not just peak, but the entire curve.

Since track conditions are much harder to get a fair comparison. Considering 60' 330' DA, track prep, weather etc...

nosscort

Established Member
so who are you tuning for? and are you the tuner? are you tuning your TT mustang after your blown motor fiasco? Are you guys building it? Didnt you blow on a base tune or was it your tune? just getting and asking some general questions on your shop (enter name) and it's abilities

StevenStarke

Established Member
so who are you tuning for? and are you the tuner? are you tuning your TT mustang after your blown motor fiasco? Are you guys building it? Didnt you blow on a base tune or was it your tune? just getting and asking some general questions on your shop (enter name) and it's abilities

Just saw this now. Chris Miller is the guy who tuned this car. I'm not the tuner. JPC is tuning my mustang. No I did not build it, I bought a used stock boss short block and JPC installed it. Yes I blew it up on a base tune but the tune was not at fault.

My favorite color is blue, I also like long walks on the beach with a glass of wine. I prefer to jerk off with my right hand, but sometimes will try the left to switch things up. I love cocoa pebbles, and all cheese except swiss. I dress up as a woman every halloween. Lmk if you have any other questions. ;)

Last edited:

Established Member
Just saw this now. Chris Miller is the guy who tuned this car. I'm not the tuner. JPC is tuning my mustang. No I did not build it, I bought a used stock boss short block and JPC installed it. Yes I blew it up on a base tune but the tune was not at fault.

My favorite color is blue, I also like long walks on the beach with a glass of wine. I prefer to jerk off with my right hand, but sometimes will try the left to switch things up. I love cocoa pebbles, and all cheese except swiss. I dress up as a woman every halloween. Lmk if you have any other questions. ;)

That's funny I just spit out my coffee

Users who are viewing this thread