2014 Mustang dyno results

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
We just tuned a 2014 mustang on SCT. Car has a steeda intake, Boss IM, test pipes, stock headers, intermediate pipes and Roush mufflers.

Car came in on an E-mail tune and base lined at 374whp. After tuning, made 433whp. I'll post up a pic of the dyno sheet in a few!!

1904251_779133908782334_472821472_n.jpg

1920621_10202942002732134_1863887724_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dalpilot

Established Member
No offense but 59 hp on a tune is not likely. The dyno sheet looks very odd. Do you mind sharing the whole sheet to show the correction factor?

Dalpilot

Established Member
From stock to tuned, maybe, but from tuned to "better" tuned is unlikely. Was anything else changed other than the tune?

I am not saying 433 isn't happening with the mods. Unless that emailed tune was crap.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
I have just about the same mods - the boss intake. Lethal h pipe, steeda cai and flow master a/b. She put down 412hp 390tq SAE on a humid day with a bad ass Rev Auto tune.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Email tune and dyno tune have almost no difference. The way you data-log is about the only thing that is different between the two.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
There is no Correction Factor on dynojets. And these are STD correction numbers, before and after. The blue run is how the car came in. The Red run is how it left. I believe the e-mail tune wasn't spot on for the mods, so it was making less than it did previously. Not knocking the e-mail tune, just saying I think he got it and then added mods after so it wasn't right.

Rct851

Established Member
Why even mention the before numbers? You have to know that 374 on a dyno jet is really abnormal

Dalpilot

Established Member
There is no Correction Factor on dynojets. And these are STD correction numbers, before and after. The blue run is how the car came in. The Red run is how it left. I believe the e-mail tune wasn't spot on for the mods, so it was making less than it did previously. Not knocking the e-mail tune, just saying I think he got it and then added mods after so it wasn't right.

That makes sense. What caused it to fall on its face at 83?

Bignasty321

Established Member
trolls

Its not forums, its trollums.....it seems in every thread there is haters. ....but if it was to ur face at a car show they wouldnt say anygbing about dyno sbeets, fake numbers. .a dyno is a tool to get ur car to run efficient, numbets dont matter as long as u see a gain and better curve from baseline pulls

Nice numbers for minimal mods I love it have fun with ur stang....

Dalpilot

Established Member
I think you missed the point. No hating by anyone. The post was a little misleading given that it was a shitty base number. What people should know is that they shouldn't expect a 60 hp increase simply by changing a tune with no other mods.......UNLESS the base tune was crap. The OP was trying to point out the difference in the tune coming in and out of his shop. Apparently he did a great job over the original tune.

Last edited:

KrisR

Established Member
There is no Correction Factor on dynojets.

Sure there is. I think what the other poster was referring to is the weather correction factor, which is what gets you from the uncorrected numbers to the STD or SAE numbers when taking ambient conditions into account. I have seen it listed on most corrected dyno sheets, near where the weather conditions are listed (typically in the lower left corner). In hot/humid weather it might be listed as '1.02' or '1.08' or something like that. In cold temps it could be '0.96' or similar.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Well I cant doubt the gains because I personally loaded my email tune before my car was dynoed and saw very similar results. Big gains especially down low. Mine was 50hp and in 104 degree shop.

helli217

Established Member
WTF is with all the bitching about the baseline here. If somebody comes in here and actually says to themselves, "OMFG, this starke fella just gained over 100 hp near redline from TUNING ALONE!!! I gotta get me that tune!"....then they are ignorant or not doing enough research before spending money on their car.

The baseline number shown here is actually useful and telling. If you have a shit tune on your Mustang, or add mods without tuning, etc...you can end up with that shit baseline result. The proper tune overlayed on the graph shows the difference. No place did this guy say he tuned a stock mustang GT and this was the result from his genius tuning alone.

Forums are ridiculous sometimes.

OP, nice job getting that Mustang back on track.

evox_sa

Established Member
433 as a final number for those mods looks good to me. Whether is was 374 before. Who cares. The number now is the one that counts. I need to get my car to a tune. I feel like my bama tune is a little off. The idle is funky sometimes when I start it.

Users who are viewing this thread