2014 GT500 won’t start

CalebVanDe

Hey guys, I was out driving my car and I had received a P0300 multiple misfir code which I had received before and can’t figure out the issue. Well I was driving the car yesterday and got the code. I took it home and shut it off to clear the code. Once I cleared the code I tried starting my car back up and nothing. Won’t even crank. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys, I was out driving my car and I had received a P0300 multiple misfir code which I had received before and can’t figure out the issue. Well I was driving the car yesterday and got the code. I took it home and shut it off to clear the code. Once I cleared the code I tried starting my car back up and nothing. Won’t even crank. Thanks!

Im very familiar with PO300 code. It just needs to be diagnosed properly. ***That code has nothing to do with a no start.

Do you have any other DTC codes? Anyone of these could be causing your no start. Check the following

• Anti-theft system
  • Battery
  • Battery cables
  • Fuse
  • Starter relay
  • Starter motor
  • Ignition switch
  • PCM
  • Wiring, terminal or connectors
  • Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) switch

Normal Operation

When the ignition switch is turned to the START position, the PCM receives a starter motor request signal. Voltage is supplied to the starter relay from the PCM. The PCM receives a signal from the Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) switch when the clutch pedal is fully depressed. A ground is supplied from the PCM causing the starter relay coil to energize and the relay contacts to close. This allows voltage to be supplied from Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse 19 (30A) to the relay contacts, which then flows to the starter solenoid. The solenoid is grounded at the starter motor. Energizing the starter solenoid engages the starter drive into the ring gear and closes the solenoid contacts allowing voltage directly from the battery to the starter motor to start the engine. The PCM will disengage the starter motor based on engine running (rpm threshold), a set crank time has been exceeded or the ignition switch has been turned to the OFF position.

**Attached below is a PDF of the starting circuit. If you need any futher help let me know.

Attachments

• Start Circuit 2013-14 GT500.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Black05Shelby

Established Member
Keep things simple, my suggestion is check the starter first see if you have power the battery terminal on the starter. Could be that the solenoid took a crap

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm assuming the car still powers on with the key in the on position.

I'd try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so and see if that changes anything.

It doesn't make any sense that you'd clear a DTC and now the car wouldn't start.

Is the car tuned?
The battery is testing good?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your scenario reminds me of what happened two weeks ago with my wife's Acura. No signs of any issue brewing. Car was fine, we parked it, went into the supermarket to do some shopping, tried to start her car.....nothing. No cranking. Just faint clicking. We had to call AAA and found out the battery was dead. Acura replaced the battery and all is well. While I'm not say I lean towards a bad battery, but it could be.

Definitely test your battery.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Your scenario reminds me of what happened two weeks ago with my wife's Acura. No signs of any issue brewing. Car was fine, we parked it, went into the supermarket to do some shopping, tried to start her car.....nothing. No cranking. Just faint clicking. We had to call AAA and found out the battery was dead. Acura replaced the battery and all is well. While I'm not say I lean towards a bad battery, but it could be.

That's my thoughts as well

CalebVanDe

Correct. I turn the key to on the position and the lights every come on but I will definitely get my battery tested tomorrow/ thanks

CalebVanDe

I'm assuming the car still powers on with the key in the on position.

I'd try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so and see if that changes anything.

It doesn't make any sense that you'd clear a DTC and now the car wouldn't start.

Is the car tuned?
The battery is testing good?

Correct. I turn the key to on the position and the lights everything come on and won’t crank but I will definitely get my battery tested tomorrow/ and yes it is tuned by BJ McCarty at Venomous

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Check the connections at the starter and battery, check all your grounds too. Broken/loose connections will cause no starts and the car will still light up

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How much fuel in tank? If you’re modded and have done fuel pumps they can be installed with the sender misaligned and 1/4 tank is full empty.
I agree it sounds like ignition or starter now that battery ruled out.
-J

CalebVanDe

How much fuel in tank? If you’re modded and have done fuel pumps they can be installed with the sender misaligned and 1/4 tank is full empty.
I agree it sounds like ignition or starter now that battery ruled out.
-J

Half tank of fuel and still stock fuel system.. I am going to check the starter next etc. will update. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread