2014 GT - Throttle closing during shifts (AUTO)

tvanlant

Established Member
Over the winter, I installed a new intercooler (resulting in a new MAF location) and went to Bosch 105 lb/hr injectors (80lb previously).

After tuning for the injectors and MAF change, the throttle is closing for almost a half second between shifts. Also, the Load is at 3.0+, where last fall it was only ~1.8.

If anyone could take a look at the datalogs I would really appreciate it!

mokan run 2

mokan run 4

stang910

Established Member
Need to see torque source, but if I had to guess your approaching the rev limiter.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What would cause the load to be so far off? All we did was adjust the MAF curve and scaled for the larger injectors. Could it be something with the injector scaling?

Yes. Load gets calculated based on the airflow and engine displacement, so you probably have way to small of a number in for the injector flow rate, and are having to compensate by adjusting the MAF to get the fueling correct.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Not to take away from this thread but I need to throw this in please.
Eric, I tried to contact you through your site but was unable to do so. Could you please send me your email address. [email protected].
Thanks, Scott

tvanlant

Established Member
Yes. Load gets calculated based on the airflow and engine displacement, so you probably have way to small of a number in for the injector flow rate, and are having to compensate by adjusting the MAF to get the fueling correct.

I'm using the ID1000 injector scalar, but I'm using Bosch 105 lb/hr injectors. Fuel injector high slope is .0260 and low slope is .0296

tvanlant

Established Member

So I switched back to the 80lb injectors that I was using last fall. The load is still way high ~2.9. Can anyone tell me exactly what values I should be looking for that will cause the load to be crazy?

tvanlant

Established Member
Alright, got the load under control.

However, it is still leaning out starting at 5100 rpm. I hooked a fuel pressure gauge up and fuel pressure holds steady at 50 psi through the pull.
I did notice that the "MAF flow rate lb per min" is also pegged at exactly 5100 rpm (value is 86.69). Could this somehow be correlated? I was under the assumption that this value was no longer recognized by the newer ECUs.

tvanlant

Established Member
Ok fuel is good to go now.

So back to the original problem.... the throttle is still shutting. Load reaches a max of 2.3 at 6300 RPM and decreases to 2.0 by redline.

Any advice?

corepwn

Established Member
Ok fuel is good to go now.

So back to the original problem.... the throttle is still shutting. Load reaches a max of 2.3 at 6300 RPM and decreases to 2.0 by redline.

Any advice?

You're not mentioning what you're changing so far to correct the issues.

tvanlant

Established Member
Sorry, I know I've been all over the place. Please bear with me as I'm new to this.

I got the throttle to stop closing. Logged torque source, which revealed a value of 4, which was engine rev limit (as stang910 had thought). I had all the engine rev limits set to 8000 rpm, but it was still doing it. Came across "Max RPM limit for Trans", which was set at 7000 rpm. My shifts are set at 7000, but sometimes it wouldn't complete the shift until after 7100. Turned the max rpm limit for trans to 7700 and it fixed the torque source problem.

However, I'm back to leaning out in the upper RPM (.86) and the load is up to 2.6 in spots. Here is a log of a 2nd gear pull:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3ibf09z6ghgt2it/LCA4.csv

tvanlant

Established Member

Yes, I've had to drastically adjust the MAF and the MAF is maxxed out (reading 10.4kHZ, the last 2 cells are 9.9 & 12hz).

here are my values for MAF, injectors, and engine displacement:

View attachment 13297

View attachment 13298

View attachment 13299

Users who are viewing this thread