2014 Ford F150 Tremor

Rosstang

Established Member
I saw an article on the Tremor the other day. Kind of cool concept in my opinion. It would be a perfect commuter for me. It is one good tune away from a whole lot of fun while still having a bed and a tow package to utilize. I owned a 2007 single cab short bed f150 with the 4.6 and a 100 shot of no2 before I traded it in for my 2013 mustang gt. I miss the simplicity and comfort of the single cab so I am pretty sure if this years Christmas bonus is nice and I can actually find a Tremor on the lot, I will be able to park the mustang in the garage during the week and make the Tremor my DD. It has nice seats too!

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
My local dealer said they aren't getting them in stock until February. I seriously considered waiting for it, but my supercrew fx2 is more functional!

The Tremor is probably the only F150 that will fit in my garage!

yarbrouc

Established Member
Going to pull the trigger just need to decide on a color. After my rebate through encs it'll be just under $33k

yarbrouc

Established Member
Order placed! I'm in Afghanistan right now but plan on taking delivery when I'm home on mid tour in March.

Rosstang

Established Member
Nice! February isnt too bad. Take care in Afghan, if i had my way all my brothers and sisters would be stateside by now. I am prior navy, nuclear subs.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking at a Tremor but cannot believe the truck is over 30k. So I priced this out in my head and will be picking it up soon enough. Looking for 500+rwhp and cruiser drivability. No more racecar stuff for me.

2014 F150 STX 5.0
Reg. Cab/ Short Box
2WD 3.55 E-locking rear
201A package w/ carpet
side step delete
roushcharger w/ stg 2 package
ARH long tube headers w/ catalytic converters
magnaflow single rear side exhaust
hotchkis 2"/4" lowering kit
bilstein shocks
ford 20" factory option wheels with 275's

Last edited:

Rosstang

Established Member
I like everything in that combo except the 21" wheels. Talk about limiting your options in rubber. 22" with a taller tire and some 4.10s would be better in my opinion.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I like everything in that combo except the 21" wheels. Talk about limiting your options in rubber. 22" with a taller tire and some 4.10s would be better in my opinion.

I would go up or maybe go back down to a 20" Factory Ford Limited wheel. The problem with adding 4.10's is I don't want the horrible fuel mileage. I think now ill go for some factory 20's and stick with them. Going to trade my mustang in and start the ordering process soon.

mechanicboy

Established Member
I was looking at a Tremor but cannot believe the truck is over 30k. So I priced this out in my head and will be picking it up soon enough. Looking for 500+rwhp and cruiser drivability. No more racecar stuff for me.

2014 F150 STX 5.0
Reg. Cab/ Short Box
2WD 3.55 E-locking rear
201A package w/ carpet
side step delete
roushcharger w/ stg 2 package
ARH long tube headers w/ catalytic converters
magnaflow single rear side exhaust
hotchkis 2"/4" lowering kit
bilstein shocks
ford 20" factory option wheels with 275's
I would go up or maybe go back down to a 20" Factory Ford Limited wheel. The problem with adding 4.10's is I don't want the horrible fuel mileage. I think now ill go for some factory 20's and stick with them. Going to trade my mustang in and start the ordering process soon.

Get Stainless works headers if they don't cost you much more. They place the o2 sensor is a slightly better location. I have the ARH 1 7/8 and they were a bitch to install. I did a writeup on another forum, let me know if you're interested.

You definitely don't want 4.10 gears if you're going to a blower. You'll need drag radials just to move off the line! I have 3.55 gears on a 275/60r17 and get sideways when it shifts to 3rd at 75 or anytime I mash the throttle under 50mph if I don't have a full tank, 36 gallons, of fuel or weight in the bed.

I spin all four off the line even on the track and aired down. I can do a 4wd power slide through a turn or intersection! This thing is scarey to drive in 2wd. I am thinking about going to Nitto NT420s tires to see if that helps because I hear good things about them.

01svtL

Established Member
OP, there's a silver Tremor on the lot at the dealer on I10 in Katy.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I would have 5.0 2wd reg cab, short bed if not for winter. If you need a really heavy wheel to keep from spinning, I can recommend 22" harley wheels (mine are from an 08). Holy crap they are heavy! Of course I have 285 55 22 Nittos also...and my truck does not have power lol

TheKraken

Established Member
Why are these not already on the floor. I gotta make a choice soon. (buying a new ride)

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
They are out on the lots already. My dealer had one Thanksgiving week.

Local dealer has a sterling gray 2wd on the lot, "bottom line price" $500 under sticker, 41,330. It appears to have all of the options...including the drop in bed liner 'gate step, and extender. The interior is pretty cool, two tone black interior, etc...

I wouldn't mind trading out my 20s for the black ones!

14Tremor

I just picked up my 2014 Tremor on Monday of last week.

I looked at two, a black on black at one dealer, that treated me like an idiot, and a black on Blue Flame at a dealer close by.

The first place was asking sticker plus a $4000 dealer markup "as the Tremor is a special edition truck". The other dealer was asking $1250 less than sticker.

Its rather clear which way I went.

I took the truck from home (Central NH) to Annapolis this weekend and mostly put it thru its paces.

Mine is an FX4 (4x4) with the 400A package and Tremor Plus Package. (sticker 45,100)

1.) You can light your tires up rather easily with the 4.10's
2.) The transmission isn't bad at all. Responds fairly quickly most of the time and doesn't do a lot of hunting.
3.) The truck is very quiet most of the time and its very easy to not pay attention and be doing over 100 mph. Did this twice, once on 95S in NJ and the other time on 95S in Delaware. My 2013 Mustang GT (totaled by a snowplow last week), couldn't do that as the noise level got up there over 90-95 MPH.
4.) When you are driving and have the windows down, the EcoBoost's turbos make a very unique sound under boost, not too dissimilar from a larger tractor trailer truck. The wooshing noise of the turbos is quite interesting for someone who was used to a 2004 Terminator.

All in all I'm quite happy with this truck.

Nope, it wasn't cheap, not at all, but then again the FX2 and FX4's the Tremor uses as a base are not cheap either.

Coming from a Mustang to the Tremor, I have to say, I'm impressed.

BSB318

Established Member
I plan on ordering a 2014 F150 4wd in standard cab short bed style.

My choice is either the tremor version or STX sport version with a 5.0 coyote.

Trying to decide.

BSB318

Established Member
I just picked up my 2014 Tremor on Monday of last week.

I looked at two, a black on black at one dealer, that treated me like an idiot, and a black on Blue Flame at a dealer close by.

The first place was asking sticker plus a $4000 dealer markup "as the Tremor is a special edition truck". The other dealer was asking $1250 less than sticker.

Its rather clear which way I went.

I took the truck from home (Central NH) to Annapolis this weekend and mostly put it thru its paces.

Mine is an FX4 (4x4) with the 400A package and Tremor Plus Package. (sticker 45,100)

1.) You can light your tires up rather easily with the 4.10's
2.) The transmission isn't bad at all. Responds fairly quickly most of the time and doesn't do a lot of hunting.
3.) The truck is very quiet most of the time and its very easy to not pay attention and be doing over 100 mph. Did this twice, once on 95S in NJ and the other time on 95S in Delaware. My 2013 Mustang GT (totaled by a snowplow last week), couldn't do that as the noise level got up there over 90-95 MPH.
4.) When you are driving and have the windows down, the EcoBoost's turbos make a very unique sound under boost, not too dissimilar from a larger tractor trailer truck. The wooshing noise of the turbos is quite interesting for someone who was used to a 2004 Terminator.

All in all I'm quite happy with this truck.

Nope, it wasn't cheap, not at all, but then again the FX2 and FX4's the Tremor uses as a base are not cheap either.

Coming from a Mustang to the Tremor, I have to say, I'm impressed.

Your new Tremor ran a 14.00 in the 1/4 mile ?

Was that completly stock or were there any mods involved ?

When did you race it ?

Very impressed !!!

I presently own a 2013 mustang GT that I'm trying to sell so I can get an F150.

I may be doing the same as you.

Last edited:

mechanicboy

Established Member
Your new Tremor ran a 14.00 in the 1/4 mile ?

Was that completly stock or were there any mods involved ?

When did you race it ?

Very impressed !!!

I presently own a 2013 mustang GT that I'm trying to sell so I can get an F150.

I may be doing the same as you.

I'd like to see his timeslip too. I also would like to know what ford raised the speed limiter to on the Tremor as the other ecoboosts are limited to 100mph from he factory.

If you are considering the tremor or a 5.0 keep this in mind: the 5.0 will run about 25k in a RCSB, the tremor runs 40-50 depending on options and dealer. Think of what you can do with the $15-25K.

The tremor does start out with a much nicer interior though (2 seater only).

Users who are viewing this thread