2014 DIB GT500 ordered tonight

brianz426

Established Member
Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Done.

Phototnut & USV8PWR

Thanks for the feedback I won't be ordering the Shaker Pro or the car cover.

Your welcome man. And regarding the car cover, I haven't even taken it out of the box, nor will I. I've read to many things on here that it's a pretty cheap cover that does not have the nice microfiber inside (or something else that's smooth).

Between Shaker Pro and the car cover, it looks like we saved you almost $1700! :banana:

bossman302

Banned
I don't think the order banks are open for the 14 yet, I know your dealer can input it into the system, but the 500 is not a Job 1, so not sure when it will be able to take the order. I am also waiting for order bank to open.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Order banks opened Nov 12th. Lots of people have already ordered 2014 GT500's and have received their Vehicle Order Confirmation sheets. Scheduling doesn't start until Dec 17th.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't think the order banks are open for the 14 yet, I know your dealer can input it into the system, but the 500 is not a Job 1, so not sure when it will be able to take the order. I am also waiting for order bank to open.

Like snoopy said- the order banks have been open for over a week now.

It won't be built til late march at the earliest- but you can order one now.

mraabe51273

Placed an order for my 2014 GT 500 today. Black with red stripes(might change to Sterling Grey with red stripes), PP, Recaro seats, EP, glass roof and Shaker Pro Audio.

brianz426

Established Member
Update;
I called SVT yesterday and they confirmed receiving my order on 11/9. The guy I spoke to was very friendly and he took the time to read all my options back to me. No scheduled build date yet. As others have said scheduling can be very random, but mostly due to the dealers allocation and the availability of certain options. I'm not in a huge hurry due to the weather around here but it's good to know I'm in the system.:banana:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Update;
I called SVT yesterday and they confirmed receiving my order on 11/9. The guy I spoke to was very friendly and he took the time to read all my options back to me. No scheduled build date yet. As others have said scheduling can be very random, but mostly due to the dealers allocation and the availability of certain options. I'm not in a huge hurry due to the weather around here but it's good to know I'm in the system.:banana:

Glad to hear that SVT can confirm your order, but it makes me wonder why no schedule date yet? I ordered my 2014 a month after you did (from a very small dealer with NO pull) and the car is being built on 3/11, with an estimated delivery date of 3/29. Have had my VIN for around two weeks already, IIRC. :shrug:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Glad to hear that SVT can confirm your order, but it makes me wonder why no schedule date yet? I ordered my 2014 a month after you did (from a very small dealer with NO pull) and the car is being built on 3/11, with an estimated delivery date of 3/29. Have had my VIN for around two weeks already, IIRC. :shrug:

Just like last year. There is no rhyme or reason to scheduling

brianz426

Established Member

The person I spoke to mentioned that options selected can influence scheduling. This does seem reasonable.

brianz426

Established Member
****Update****
My car came in Saturday 4/20. :banana:
Here's a summary of the time line;
Ordered 11/09/12
Scheduled 4/1/13
Production 4/3/13
At rail yard 4/9/13
Shipped as of 4/11/13
Dealer ETA 4/20/13
I have to admit that based on past delivery histories on here I didn't expect my car until early May. I picked the car up Monday, delivery went smooth. Car came off the transport with 9.2 miles on it and wasn't even very dirty. I'll post pics as soon as I can get home before dark to take some. Thanks to all on here for sharing your ordering and delivery experiences for these cars.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
****Update****
My car came in Saturday 4/20. :banana:
Here's a summary of the time line;
Ordered 11/09/12
Scheduled 4/1/13
Production 4/3/13
At rail yard 4/9/13
Shipped as of 4/11/13
Dealer ETA 4/20/13
I have to admit that based on past delivery histories on here I didn't expect my car until early May. I picked the car up Monday, delivery went smooth. Car came off the transport with 9.2 miles on it and wasn't even very dirty. I'll post pics as soon as I can get home before dark to take some. Thanks to all on here for sharing your ordering and delivery experiences for these cars.

Congrats Brother, just in time for the warm weather! Not only do we have very idential looking cars, they took just about the same length of time from order to delivery! I guess they take their time on the DIB/white stripes/glass roof cars since they are the best looking. :rockon: Can't wait to see some pics.

brianz426

Established Member
Pics

Finally got a chance to take some pics. Sorry for the cell phone quality.
IMAG0908_zpsecfc95be.jpg

IMAG0907_zps888cc4c0.jpg

IMAG0903_zps91e49c7e.jpg

This car is awesome Ford did a great job. Looking forward to getting past the break in period.

Users who are viewing this thread