2014 DIB GT500 ordered tonight

brianz426

Established Member
Thanks to bluediamond and sid297 for posting the 2014 GT500 order guide. I took it into my dealer yesterday and they called me to take my order today. I ordered DIB white stripes, Recaros, PP, TP, EP and glass roof. They don't know any details except that they could place my order, let the waiting begin.:pop:

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
Thanks to bluediamond and sid297 for posting the 2014 GT500 order guide. I took it into my dealer yesterday and they called me to take my order today. I ordered DIB white stripes, PP, TP, EP and glass roof. They don't know any details except that they could place my order, let the waiting begin.:pop:

2014 :eek:

Good luck with the wait hahaha :beer:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
Guys are still waiting on their 2013's and he's already got a 2014 down on paper. That's what I call being ahead of the ball haha.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You were the 2nd order at that dealer? If so- you might be waiting a while...

Regardless- congrats- best color IMO :)

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
It might be a long wait but at least you will know when those 2014 start rolling out you will be the first to get one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fordfourlife

Established Member
When will you be able to build them on the ford website? They still just shows the 13s.

SVTKen

Established Member
Did you order from a dealer that sells lots of Mustangs? Dealers that sell lots of Mustangs are given higher priority with the Shelby allocations. I personally would be a little concerned about being the second order. If you're not in a hurry to get it, then maybe there is nothing to worry about, but be prepared for a very, very long wait. I've read lots of horror stories on here about people waiting for their cars. There are many people still waiting on their '13s that have been waiting since summer.

lethal

Established Member
I'm in the same club. Walked into the dealer I bought the 03 from, saw the (sold) red / white stripe 2012 GT500. Caught the sales guy walking by, turned out to be the internet sales manager. Asked him how many left in his 2014 allocation, he had 4 and three were taken. I asked him how much they were going for and he said MSRP. Twenty minutes later my order and deposit were in. I'll be lucky if I see it this time next year!!! Plenty of time to get my garage built =)

Shhhh

Established Member
When will you be able to build them on the ford website? They still just shows the 13s.

If its anything like the previous years people will probably have 2014s sitting in their driveways hahaha.

Nah, probably early next year Id say.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Thanks to bluediamond and sid297 for posting the 2014 GT500 order guide. I took it into my dealer yesterday and they called me to take my order today. I ordered DIB white stripes, PP, TP, EP and glass roof. They don't know any details except that they could place my order, let the waiting begin.:pop:

I own the exact same car (with the addition of the Shaker Pro and Car Cover), except it is a 13. Will post pics soon. I love my DIB/white stripes/glass roof combo, and so does everyone who sees it. Good luck and hope you see your car sooner than later!

brianz426

Established Member
I own the exact same car (with the addition of the Shaker Pro and Car Cover), except it is a 13. Will post pics soon. I love my DIB/white stripes/glass roof combo, and so does everyone who sees it. Good luck and hope you see your car sooner than later!

Nice, looking forward to the pics. :rockon: From the few pics I've seen of this combo I really like the combination of the "blackness" of the stripeless glass roof in combination with the dark wheels.
Is the Shaker Pro a worth while option? The main reason I didn't get it was I wanted to keep as much trunk space as possible.

Photonut

Established Member
Is the Shaker Pro a worth while option? The main reason I didn't get it was I wanted to keep as much trunk space as possible.

I've sat in one with a Shaker Pro, and honestly it didn't seem THAT great. Plus it takes up some SERIOUS trunk space, especially in a convertible which is already down on that.

Since I'd rather be rolling around with my 5.8L boombox playing instead of the stereo, I decided to leave this option out myself.

-Photonut

USV8PWR

Established Member
Nice, looking forward to the pics. :rockon: From the few pics I've seen of this combo I really like the combination of the "blackness" of the stripeless glass roof in combination with the dark wheels.

Brian,

My response about the Shaker Pro is two parts. If you want/need to save some money, definitely skip the option. In a word, it sucks. The whole sound system sucks. And I am not an audiophile either. Basically, to me, the system does not sound clear...at any volume level. You can make it sound somewhat "clearer" and unmuffled by turning up the treble but then that starts ringing your ear drums out. I'm really disappointed in this sound system. My 08 Corvette had just the basic sound system (not the Bose) and it was clearer and cleaner sounding. Now I do like the navigation and definitely recommend the EP.

Now, I HAD to have every single dang option on my car even knowing from numerous others that the Shaker Pro was not worth it. So I got it thinking I could always take it out of the car if I did need the trunk space (you don't...use the rear seats too) and yet it would still be on my option sheet. But if there were any options I didn't want and could of left off, it would have been the Shaker Pro and car cover.

My stance on the rest of the options is a Shelby must have every performance option; TP, PP, and Recaros. The glass roof is also a must have, very cool feature...and glad I got it. And like I said the EP is cool too.

I will be hopefully posting a couple more pics tonight but have yet to take pics of my car with the CS1 Shelby wheels on it and Formula One Pinnacle 15% tint on the sides and rear & 50% on the entire windshield. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread