2014 5.0 Roush TVS vs E55 AMG on spray

cmsnake

Established Member
Headed to work this morning and spot an e55 with tinted windows and what looks to be a drag radial on black wheels. I pull up next to him and goose it to see if he wants to play. He immediately gets up next to me and starts purging through his grill. We slow from 75-80 down to about 70. Im in 4th, I let him get the jump and as soon as I see his front end rise I lay in it. I stopped his pull and put about 1/2 car on him by the time we are at 120ish. I let out and pace him for a sec to let the traffic clear in front that we ran up on. He keeps purging and he hits it again running up on traffic. I stay back so he can fall back with me to let traffic get way ahead so we can run again. Instead he takes the next exit. I gave him a thumbs up and tried to waive him back on because traffic was clearing but all he did was continue to purge all the way off the exit. I guess making sure I knew he had spray :shrug:

Nice run none the less and first kill with the TVS.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill..I think the mph was too high for him to play with you. I wonder what kind of shot he was running, or I guess I should say how big of a shot

cmsnake

Established Member
Yeah a 70 roll was kinda high. Just had to go with what we were given. But thats why I was trying to slow way down to let traffic get way ahead to run him a little lower. Before we could get lower than 65 he smashed it again. If he wouldve just chilled for a minute instead of trying to prove a point we could have done a nice 50-60 roll. Oh well. I would guess he was running a 50-75 shot since they already have a blower. Good looking car though. Have always liked them and I know they can put down some nice numbers.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
He probably only had it go from the nitrous tank only to purge valves. That's what I would do and just spray it all the time so ppl could see how cool my car looks when it keeps spraying shit everywhere. Or maybe run the line to the mirrors so you can spray into the car next to you....ya know, just to make sure they know you have it then take the hit.

I haven't had the opportunity to run any AMG yet but I'm sure you surprised him a bit. Last one I saw was driving like a complete douche through rush hour traffic. It looked brand new and was a coupe, what ever those are...

blackvette101

Established Member
Ibthisdidnthappenbecauseitisa5.0andtheyareoverrated.

I do not see why anyone would. E55's with all the parts available and spray still trap around 130. The OP has a TVS so he is probably running around that trap speed. Usually people only call BS when a stock or lightly modded 5.0 puts up a story of them beating a car that traps 5-15 mph higher then but is missing video of course. In fact out of the 7 threads involving 5.0's on the first page of this section. 4 of them have logical outcomes and don't get over one page.

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
He probably only had it go from the nitrous tank only to purge valves. That's what I would do and just spray it all the time so ppl could see how cool my car looks when it keeps spraying shit everywhere. Or maybe run the line to the mirrors so you can spray into the car next to you....ya know, just to make sure they know you have it then take the hit.

I haven't had the opportunity to run any AMG yet but I'm sure you surprised him a bit. Last one I saw was driving like a complete douche through rush hour traffic. It looked brand new and was a coupe, what ever those are...
Lol, his purging was definitely a little excessive.

Ibthisdidnthappenbecauseitisa5.0andtheyareoverrated.
Not sure if serious?

I do not see why anyone would. E55's with all the parts available and spray still trap around 130. The OP has a TVS so he is probably running around that trap speed. Usually people only call BS when a stock or lightly modded 5.0 puts up a story of them beating a car that traps 5-15 mph higher then but is missing video of course. In fact out of the 7 threads involving 5.0's on the first page of this section. 4 of them have logical outcomes and don't get over one page.
Very true.

Users who are viewing this thread