2014 5.0 Recaros

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Do you need to do the OSCM zero process if you swap the sensor and bladder?

Depends. Normally if you use you existing bladder and sensor, then no. If you swap in a brand new one, then yes. If you use a used one from a different vehicle, then typically no, but it may be required though.

LEXiiON

boss302_999

2012 BOSS 302
Established Member
okay so if i can get my hands on my stock sensor (the guy with my seats will have the same problem as me in his 2014 if he doesn't trade) then i take it to ford and tell them i need my OSCM Zero'd

danm your a lot of help man i appreciate this

so were you able to get it zeroed out and everything is okay now?? i am about to do the same thing for my 12 Boss

Mapster429

Established Member
Depends. Normally if you use you existing bladder and sensor, then no. If you swap in a brand new one, then yes. If you use a used one from a different vehicle, then typically no, but it may be required though.

LEXiiON
LEXiiON – I read your thread and a bunch of others but I still have a seat swap problem/ question.

I have a 13 GT and I swapped in Recaros from a 14 and got the airbag light. When I bolt in my stock passenger seat back in the light goes off but I don’t want to dismantle my stock seats to get the OSCM as I want the option to easily switch back and forth for summer track season. I thought I just needed an OSCM from another 13 pas seat to install into the Recaro pas seat so I tried bolting in a 13 seat (DR33) from a salvage yard but the airbag light stayed on.

Now I’m questioning if it’s possible to have an RCM compatible with two different passenger seat OSCMs. Maybe I could get the RCM from the salvage seat car and have it programed to work with the Recaro fitted with the salvage seat OSCM and swap the RCM when I swap seats? What do you think? Can you think of a better solution? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread