2013 TVS Blower

bd2bonez06

Established Member
Let's get that driveshaft on Order with DSS ASAP. They are shipping Aluminum shafts very quickly right now. Within a week or so.

I may pick one also here in the next couple of weeks. I see a lot of my order has shipped already. That's awesome. Thanks again Van

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Van@RevanRacing

I'm all about it Van! Just putting together the cash to make it happen. I suspect...next week I'll be calling.:rockon:

Right on!!!

I may pick one also here in the next couple of weeks. I see a lot of my order has shipped already. That's awesome. Thanks again Van

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, everything but the heat exchanger which should go out today.

:beer:

91z28350

Established Member
i understand the wait killing you. Short of porting, or an overdrive lower, I have taken the stocker about as far as it will go. Just ordered the HE from Van, and as soon as I can move a couple basses from my collection, the CF driveshaft and AR Headers will be ordered. Still leaves me several moths out on the KB (3.6LC lots of room to grow, will go well with the MMR internals next year) but I really believe the wait will be worth it.

Van@RevanRacing

i understand the wait killing you. Short of porting, or an overdrive lower, I have taken the stocker about as far as it will go. Just ordered the HE from Van, and as soon as I can move a couple basses from my collection, the CF driveshaft and AR Headers will be ordered. Still leaves me several moths out on the KB (3.6LC lots of room to grow, will go well with the MMR internals next year) but I really believe the wait will be worth it.

I love doing duration builds like this. Thanks bud!

Let's talk again soon about overall direction for the build.

Van

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

Sounds nice! I want to go big but you are going BIG! Look forward to seeing this one as it goes!

03blueslobra

Established Member
Well bonefish I decided I could not wait for a kenne bell lol. I just purchased a 2013 tvs off the market.

Van,
A couple questions for you
My end goal is to have this blower on. With I'm thinking right now a 10 percent lower, 72 lbs injectors from you, cj65 throttle body, jlt cai. Then I'll hit up some headers and a offroad pipe. So my question would be do you think I should just throw the blower on with all my stock parts. And start do some part collecting. Or just wait till I can get everything together. Also how much would some new tune run me.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Well bonefish I decided I could not wait for a kenne bell lol. I just purchased a 2013 tvs off the market.

Van,
A couple questions for you
My end goal is to have this blower on. With I'm thinking right now a 10 percent lower, 72 lbs injectors from you, cj65 throttle body, jlt cai. Then I'll hit up some headers and a offroad pipe. So my question would be do you think I should just throw the blower on with all my stock parts. And start do some part collecting. Or just wait till I can get everything together. Also how much would some new tune run me.

LOL! Do you know how close I have come so many times to doing the same thing? COngrats and I look forward to seeing how it looks on and the results.

I just picked up a set of TF wheels so my budget is blown for now. I think I'm going to go aluminum driveshaft next...and wait for new blower next year. at least that is the plan as of now....

03blueslobra

Established Member
Yeah, I know i looked at several and i kept talking myself out of it. Then i bought some forgestar's still waiting on getting those in. Then i seen a good deal in the market so i had to pick it up. It will keep me going until i can get a Kenne Bell. Now i just need to decide if i want to go and install it with my stock tb and stuff. Or wait until i can get some other stuff together.

03blueslobra

Established Member
LOL Greg that is def what i am thinking. I dont think i can just have it sit in my garage while i get other parts for it.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah, I know i looked at several and i kept talking myself out of it. Then i bought some forgestar's still waiting on getting those in. Then i seen a good deal in the market so i had to pick it up. It will keep me going until i can get a Kenne Bell. Now i just need to decide if i want to go and install it with my stock tb and stuff. Or wait until i can get some other stuff together.

I looked at Forgestar's too. The CV-3's I believe...and then the CV-7's. Nice wheels I just wanted more concavity on the front. So it was either live with it or go some other way. The TF's provide the deep dish which is nice. Which ones did you go with and pics when you get them on!

Also...I get extremely tempted to either do 2013 TVS or VMP TVS only for the fact I can get it some what inexpensive and add parts as you are for more HP as I go. I'm trying to decide how much HP is enough....LOL!

03blueslobra

Established Member
I got the f14's on order. Only been on order for about 2 months lol. Did not think it would take that long to get some wheels made. I really do like the TF's just did not feel like paying that much money. I just hope my wheels get in before I lose my back wheels lol. I'm past wear bars right now.

03blueslobra

Established Member
That what I felt about the TVS also I can put it on and add parts as I get them. Plus when I'm ready to get a kenne bell I can sell the TVS and not really lose to much money

USMC500

Established Member
Hey guys I am.in the same boat I have a 2008 gt500 and made 607 rwhp with a steggy ported 2.2 pullied eaton but want more. So I just ordered from FRPP the 2013 gt500 tvs kit can't beat it 2649 shopped to my door. I plan on coupling that with some long tubes and custom cams hopefully reaching my goal of 750-800 rwhp.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey guys I am.in the same boat I have a 2008 gt500 and made 607 rwhp with a steggy ported 2.2 pullied eaton but want more. So I just ordered from FRPP the 2013 gt500 tvs kit can't beat it 2649 shopped to my door. I plan on coupling that with some long tubes and custom cams hopefully reaching my goal of 750-800 rwhp.

Possible but won't last very long on a stock bottom end.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Van is there any plan for Billet Pro Shop to make a 2.4 (or 3.85) pulley that will fit on the 13' TVS? I'm waiting on mine to get here and if I don't get drowned by Hurricane Sandy, I'm hoping to put in an order for a pulley and some supporting mods.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Ahhh, probably not. I might send it out to Steggy later on if it's found that porting can gain any worthwhile power. If that's the case, I'll let him grind it off then.

You be safe too man, prepare yourselves and your families for the worst and hope and work toward the best. It's gonna be a long couple of days and possibly couple of weeks if this thing is as bad as it looks. The worst part for me is going to be being away from my family during it all. I'm considered "essential personnel" under the emergency management incident command structure and its very likely / possible that I will be recalled for an undetermined amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread