2013 TVS Blower

03blueslobra

Established Member
Van,
I was thinking of picking up a 2013 tvs blower for my 2010. Do you think with my 2.5 pulley i bought from you, a set of 72lb injectors, frpp 65mm throttle body, and a better intake would i be able to get 650hp. Would i need to buy anything else to keep my car safe as far as fuel goes. Also do i need to update my intake.
Last question i told you i would have alot of questions for you lol. :beer: I was thinking of 3 different options for fuel injectors. Buy 72ln injectors, mine modified to 72lb injectors or buying the id1000's what would you recommend. Once again thank you for all your help.

Van@RevanRacing

Van,
I was thinking of picking up a 2013 tvs blower for my 2010. Do you think with my 2.5 pulley i bought from you, a set of 72lb injectors, frpp 65mm throttle body, and a better intake would i be able to get 650hp. Would i need to buy anything else to keep my car safe as far as fuel goes. Also do i need to update my intake.
Last question i told you i would have alot of questions for you lol. :beer: I was thinking of 3 different options for fuel injectors. Buy 72ln injectors, mine modified to 72lb injectors or buying the id1000's what would you recommend. Once again thank you for all your help.

The 2.5 pulley will not work on the 2013 TVS. If you want 650 at the wheel the 2013 TVS with an overdrive pulley (possible, just a thought) along with a big air intake and TB you will hit the 650 number. 72 lb injectors are plenty. You don't need ID 1,000's. That is overkill. I've made 850 at the wheel with 72's and a Boost A Pump. At 650 you shouldn't need injectors but a BAP will give you the safety level you need.

Van

03blueslobra

Established Member
I thought I was reading people are hurting the motor with the lower pulley. I might of not understood what they were talking. Would be worth sending my injectors to be modded for 72lbs or buying new ones. I was wanting to stay away from the BAP if possible.

03blueslobra

Established Member
Sorry with all the questions but I also see vmp offers a 72mm TB. Would that be beneficial or is the 65 plenty. Also would the 72 match up with the stock 2013 elbow. Thanks again for all the advice

Van@RevanRacing

I thought I was reading people are hurting the motor with the lower pulley. I might of not understood what they were talking. Would be worth sending my injectors to be modded for 72lbs or buying new ones. I was wanting to stay away from the BAP if possible.

People can hurt an engine with the lower if they are drag racing and using a two step or WOT box and doing hard launches. If it's just a street brawl and you're not going to be dropping the clutch you'll be fine. We can mod your current injectors or I can send you a new set. I also offer an exchange service so you have no down time but that is a little more expensive and we would have to discuss on the phone.

Sorry with all the questions but I also see vmp offers a 72mm TB. Would that be beneficial or is the 65 plenty. Also would the 72 match up with the stock 2013 elbow. Thanks again for all the advice

I would stick with the Ford Racing Dual 65MM Throttle Body. Excellent product I sell a lot of the FRPP Throttle bodies.

Van

bull3441

Established Member
I made 779whp on my TVS with 72's and a comp BAP with room to grow. All fuel mods bought from Van. I also have the CJ 65mm TB. Van saved me $ as I wanted larger injectors and a bigger TB, guess he was right...... As usual.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I made 779whp on my TVS with 72's and a comp BAP with room to grow. All fuel mods bought from Van. I also have the CJ 65mm TB. Van saved me $ as I wanted larger injectors and a bigger TB, guess he was right...... As usual.

What pulley combo do you run on your TVS?

03blueslobra

Established Member
Hell yeah bull that is what i like to hear. I'm looking for 650 but i would always take more:beer:. I agree with you van has saved me a lot of money so far also. Cause I keep wanting to go overboard and he reels me in and tells me what i really need. :bash:.
Alright van let me decide what i want to do. I will def. be giving you a call again. I will most likely do your exchange service once i get all my parts. I might look at going with the BAP and may look at going with a lower. Do you recommend the 10 percent lower or the 15.
Need to look at some suspension things sometime soon. Damn this car keeps asking me to put money into her.
Speaking of suspension what would it take to get the 2010 gt500 on par with the 2013. I have watched your videos and it seems like the 2013 handles really good. I need to win the damn Lottery lol.

03blueslobra

Established Member
Also i would like to take the old girl to the drag strip one of these days. I won't be buying any WOT boxes or anything will the lower still be good to go.

bull3441

Established Member
What pulley combo do you run on your TVS?
L&M motor and cams ;-). Pulleys are VPM 2.59(poor design in my opinion. My belt squeaks till warm due to the D groove design of the pulley) IW 10% double keyed.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Hell yeah bull that is what i like to hear. I'm looking for 650 but i would always take more:beer:. I agree with you van has saved me a lot of money so far also. Cause I keep wanting to go overboard and he reels me in and tells me what i really need. :bash:.
Alright van let me decide what i want to do. I will def. be giving you a call again. I will most likely do your exchange service once i get all my parts. I might look at going with the BAP and may look at going with a lower. Do you recommend the 10 percent lower or the 15.
Need to look at some suspension things sometime soon. Damn this car keeps asking me to put money into her.
Speaking of suspension what would it take to get the 2010 gt500 on par with the 2013. I have watched your videos and it seems like the 2013 handles really good. I need to win the damn Lottery lol.
SAve your $ till you can get a KB 2.8LC from Van. More power with less PSI.

Van@RevanRacing

Suspension...............to get on par with a 2013 about $4500.

Thanks for helping out while I was gone for a few days Bull.......:beer:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

That's what Van told me too! And...while I keep seeing it and getting tempted..it seems it's the same cost to do a TVS with the high HP numbers anyway...after you add the other stuff. I'm not sure it ends up being a savings or less money. You spend the same amount to tap out a lower HP or basically can't go as high as the KB ultimately can.

03blueslobra...did you wait or get the 2013?

bd2bonez06

Established Member
I just ordered the VMP TVS from Van along with some more goodies. I think this will suit my needs for mine just fine. Van is great to work with and really helped me with my questions. Talk him your wants and needs and he will lead you straight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yep...I've talked to Van many times via phone and e-mail. He knows his stuff! I may have to call him to discuss this again.....I've gone over it a few times with him....and I keep going back to I need to wait to get a KB!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

That's what Van told me too.....I'm just having a hard time with the waiting until I get the money part. Probably should deal with it..and do supporting mods for now. Aluminum Drive Shaft and some better rubber out back in preparation for the added HP!!

03blueslobra

Established Member
Bonefish I am currently still waiting. Don't know what direction i want to go as of yet. I will probably wait until i can get a KB. But like you are saying it is hard to just wait for money lol.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
It's killing me to wait! LOL! Hopefully next year at tax time..I'll be ordering a KB2.8 for the season. I'm going to work on getting the driveshaft and wheel/tires for now.

Van@RevanRacing

It's killing me to wait! LOL! Hopefully next year at tax time..I'll be ordering a KB2.8 for the season. I'm going to work on getting the driveshaft and wheel/tires for now.

Let's get that driveshaft on Order with DSS ASAP. They are shipping Aluminum shafts very quickly right now. Within a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread