2013 Trade In Value

JStaton

Established Member
Wow only U/L control arms? Definitely no way I'm selling now. Thanks guys. Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving

guarnibl

Established Member
Wow only U/L control arms? Definitely no way I'm selling now. Thanks guys. Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving

yep -- only did U/L arms to reduce wheel hop after the supercharger. That's all it took -- I typically drive with the springs set to 4 front / 5 rear.

I'll probably do sway bars come january and who knows from there. it's a great car. i've driven a friends GT500 quite a few times -- I like the car but my Boss just feels better.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
yep -- only did U/L arms to reduce wheel hop after the supercharger. That's all it took -- I typically drive with the springs set to 4 front / 5 rear.

I'll probably do sway bars come january and who knows from there. it's a great car. i've driven a friends GT500 quite a few times -- I like the car but my Boss just feels better.

Do the new GT500s still feel heavy? I drove an 09 (I know I know iron block) but it still felt like a tank compared to the 11GT I got instead at the time.

Also, the stock shocks and springs are actually really nice. I will still swap in my koni yellows at some point here when I get the T springs though. They get nearly twice as stiff as the stock boss shocks and struts do.

I still am impressed with how well the boss handles stock though. It feels very light and easy to throw through corners.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Black book shows $37. Corpus is a smaller town, that may contribute some. The GT500 was loaded. Track pack and the equipment pack with nav. I paid MSRP for my Boss

Run away from the corpus dealers! Make a trip to Houston like I did. You'll get alot more for your trade and save thousands off of what there asking on the '14 GT500.

JStaton

Established Member
None of the CC dealers are really appealing to me on sales now. I went by Northside Ford here in San Antonio and they didn't leave me with a good feeling. I think I'll stick with NA for mine. Keep it on the tame side of things, suspension, exhaust, tune. If I want to go FI, I'll put it on a GT

guarnibl

Established Member
Do the new GT500s still feel heavy? I drove an 09 (I know I know iron block) but it still felt like a tank compared to the 11GT I got instead at the time.

Also, the stock shocks and springs are actually really nice. I will still swap in my koni yellows at some point here when I get the T springs though. They get nearly twice as stiff as the stock boss shocks and struts do.

I still am impressed with how well the boss handles stock though. It feels very light and easy to throw through corners.

GT500 doesn't really feel heavy until you try to turn it after driving the Boss. It isn't setup to be a road racing vehicle like the Boss. It just isn't as nimble. For spirited driving that involves short bursts on straights, it feels great. I'm not trashing the GT500 at all, I just don't like the feel I get driving it. I don't feel as connected to the car like I do the Boss. I actually just went out and bought a 2014 Ram 2500 for my daily driver because I was getting sick of putting the miles on my Boss (just over 10,000 after about 15 months of ownership).

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
None of the CC dealers are really appealing to me on sales now. I went by Northside Ford here in San Antonio and they didn't leave me with a good feeling. I think I'll stick with NA for mine. Keep it on the tame side of things, suspension, exhaust, tune. If I want to go FI, I'll put it on a GT

If you're not going to track the car (not drag) -- FI on the Boss is wonderful. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of money trying to keep intake temps reasonable. E85 helps. But my gas station that sold it stopped b/c of a new AZ law that requires separate pumping systems now for E85. So instead I run 100 octane now constantly (now that I don't daily drive it).

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
GT500 doesn't really feel heavy until you try to turn it after driving the Boss. It isn't setup to be a road racing vehicle like the Boss. It just isn't as nimble. For spirited driving that involves short bursts on straights, it feels great. I'm not trashing the GT500 at all, I just don't like the feel I get driving it. I don't feel as connected to the car like I do the Boss. I actually just went out and bought a 2014 Ram 2500 for my daily driver because I was getting sick of putting the miles on my Boss (just over 10,000 after about 15 months of ownership).

This is in reference to the 13-14 GT500? I know they are not track cars, but I was hoping they'd feel more nimble than the older generation.

I really did, I test drove a 2009 GT500 and loved the power but was so bad through turns which I enjoy driving a lot more and took it right back and test drove an 11GT and drove that car home that day. I didn't mind the lack of power because it was so much more nimble.

The Boss 302 doubly so.

JStaton

Established Member
There's a small track in San Marcos that I may go to, but nothing too serious. I don't daily drive it anymore. All of the GT500s I've driven have felt heavy and hard to handle. High intake temps on NA or FI? I've seen it spike in some cold weather and heavy traffic earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread