2013 Trade In Value

JStaton

Established Member
I stopped by my home dealership today and was looking at a 2014 GT500 with 450 miles. They were selling it for $70,000 as a used car, which I thought was odd. I had them do some numbers just to play around with the idea of trading the Boss for it, but that changed when they only offered me 33 for my Boss. I was shocked. That's what they gave me for my 2010 F150! Has anyone else been offered this kind of money for their car? I was definitely expecting a better value, but I suppose that's more long term.

Vista6019

Established Member
Depending on miles, dealer black book is about $37,000 and some recent vehicles have gone through the auction from $35,000 to $38,000 so the $33,000 is a bogus number.....FYI

JStaton

Established Member
I've heard of and seen them with more miles going for more. Mine has 10,000, mostly highway. They do usually low ball vehicle values here though.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Not only is the 33000 a bogus number but so is the 70000 number. Now if they offered 43000 and the 2014 was 70000 it would make a little sense depending on what the original MSRP of the Shelby was. Either way stay far away from that dealer. I do this for a living and hate to hear stuff like this...makes us honest guys' job so much harder when these greedy dealers are out there. I bought my Boss (first retail Boss delivery 3/17/2011) for UNDER MSRP. And the Chevy, Buick, GMC, Jeep, Chrysler, etc store I manage will NEVER ask MORE than MSRP on a car....EVER! The new Cherokee, under MSRP. SRT8 products, 2% over invoice! New Corvette...MSRP! I have dealers and locator services that want to sell us Vettes for $5-10000 OVER MSRP. Now we would have to sell the car for $12000 over to make a profit after shipping...........ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

JStaton

Established Member
What's even worse is I used to work for the dealer in question. When we got our first GT500 in, a convertible, we sold it for 109k... what dealer do you manage?? You might have a new customer!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
35k hard trade number is pretty much it. There are still new 13 Bosses on lots for 3-4k off.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
What did the 2014 GT500 have? Every freakin option known to mankind to fit on a Mustang?
Go here for trade in values. Black Book is what to expect. And there is no used car in excellent condition so ignore that intention.

Trade-in Values

JStaton

Established Member
Black book shows $37. Corpus is a smaller town, that may contribute some. The GT500 was loaded. Track pack and the equipment pack with nav. I paid MSRP for my Boss

10fore

Established Member
Sames or Champion? I will say that the price for the GT500 is the norm in the Central and South Texas region, sadly. The Ford dealer I work with had a used 2013 that was ragged out listed for what the original window sticker was. Some dealerships think that just because it's an SVT vehicle that people are going to pay outrageous amounts of money for them. We have a 2011 Raptor that has been on our lot for 8 months now because they're wanting too much.

The last Boss that we took in we paid 39K for and have it listed at 43K.

Last edited:

sb03cobra

Established Member
Back in March I traded my 2013 RR Boss in on my GT500. It had 1500 miles and the dealer gave me $38K. I paid MSRP for the GT500.

Para81

Established Member
I'd say they were about 18,000 too high for the used Shelby and about 6,000 too low for your trade in. Other than that it's a great deal.

JStaton

Established Member
10fore, it was champion. We had a ragged out 12 that was being sold for almost sticker. The sad part is people buy em. I'm going to see what a dealer here in San Antonio will offer

10fore

Established Member
A good buddy of mine worked at Champion but moved over to Sames eariler this year.

Yeah, it is sad that people will still buy them. I feel really bad about them purchasing those cars, thinking that they are in a great condition, but aren't. It's amazing at how little dealerships will actually disclose or even cover up.

If you can't get a good number for your car in San Antonio, let me know and I'll get you in touch with one of our good managers. (I'm at BlueBonnet.)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man trading your Boss for a '14 GT500?
Only way I would do that is if the GT500 was in the low $50's.

You do know you are a blower away from making more power than a '13 GT500 right? The Boss responds well to FI and there was a Boss owner here driving his 850+rwhp for 2 years (racing too) before he blew it up. Apparently he raced a lot.

I'd be happy with a 750+rwhp Boss, I'd go the turbo route.

As far as rarity goes, both GT500 and Boss are around 8k produced. HOWEVER, the Boss came in two body styles '12 Body style and '13 Body style. I'd love to own either.

Para81

Established Member
As far as rarity goes, both GT500 and Boss are around 8k produced. HOWEVER, the Boss came in two body styles '12 Body style and '13 Body style. I'd love to own either.

Actually the GT500 alone has over 60,000 vehicles out, I see them all the time now on the street. If you want rare you go Boss.

JStaton

Established Member
I don't see myself selling the Boss, honestly. I'm always down here in Corpus and just had the guys run the numbers. A lot of the guys I used to work with have gone to Sames. Was it Justin, by any chance? As to the FI, if I decide to go that route, I've been considering the Hellion system for a while now

JStaton

Established Member
Plus the fact that the GT500 has been around, although improved, since 2007 doesn't make it that special as a collectible. Ford will put a SVT badge on something else for the next model, but who knows when the next Boss will come around

10fore

Established Member
I don't see myself selling the Boss, honestly. I'm always down here in Corpus and just had the guys run the numbers. A lot of the guys I used to work with have gone to Sames. Was it Justin, by any chance? As to the FI, if I decide to go that route, I've been considering the Hellion system for a while now
Yup, it was Justin.

guarnibl

Established Member
Man trading your Boss for a '14 GT500?
Only way I would do that is if the GT500 was in the low $50's.

You do know you are a blower away from making more power than a '13 GT500 right? The Boss responds well to FI and there was a Boss owner here driving his 850+rwhp for 2 years (racing too) before he blew it up. Apparently he raced a lot.

I'd be happy with a 750+rwhp Boss, I'd go the turbo route.

Hands down no way I would ever trade my Boss in for a GT500 -- don't care about price -- Boss is the better car IMO. Mine is bat shit insane with the amount of power I'm making -- and still handles wonderful even with stock springs/sway bars. Only suspension I've done is U/L control arms.

However, only the LS will hold it's value well right away. Regular boss will take a few years -- as someone said, 13's are still on the lot. If you're concerned, you should sell yours private party on ebay for $38k and it should go easily.

Users who are viewing this thread