2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, what a car! it's easy to nit-pick it to death, but the elements actually have meaning on this one, and the complete package is amazing! the wheels are absolutely awesome, and the color is just gorgeous! and what a great job on the fenders too, it takes a good look to notice that they've been pulled, very subtle.

Last edited:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Yeah I remember. I'm anxiously waiting updates for that thread. I really hope the keep the quad tips, and I can't wait to see how it looks and sounds.
Yes Borla is keeping the quad tips.

Remember RUtrppin has his car at borla for R&D...we will see soon what they got but so far he says its all good
I have been told that I will have my car back on Friday the 24th. They have told me that when I get it back I can post all I want. Those tips look very much like the tips that were on the first set of mufflers on my car from Borla. They put a new set on the other day when I was down there that were rolled. Borla is known for there rolled tips. I was told they got a call for the big man and said to put the beveled tips away and that the weren't going to use them. I gave them shit and said that they looked way better then the rolled tips. (which they all agree but the big man has final say). There reply was they look to much like magnaflow and corsa tips. I'm going try to get them to at least sell the tips for those of us that want them. Hoping we can by them and have them installed at the muffle shop. I'll be down there Monday or Tuesday to hear what it sounds like with long tube headers. I'll talk to them again about the tips. I believe that the tips could be the difference in people buying Borla or another company. At the end of the day we can always buy new tips and have them out on.

BlownAway03

Established Member
That hood scoop looks ridiculous. Let's say it were real......you would have a hood scoop right behind a heat extractor taking the heat right back to where it was extracted from. Lol.

peteypab2133

Established Member
So a recap.....

1) widebody allowing some fat tires. Should be standard to separate the shelby from the GT and v6.

2) A bunch more HP. Probably the safe limit of our motors on a DD..

3) the wheels at least look about 50% better than the SS wheels.

I like it.

The hood scope is a carry over from Shelby's original Cobra, undoubtedly done for nostalgia..... perhaps that big 4.0 Whipple needed something like that to fit?.... but would have looked better with a completely different hood!

KILRSVT

Established Member
NIce car but I don't like the scoop I understand it's due to the 65 gt350 but doesn't fit in the look of the car

Users who are viewing this thread