2013 Raptor with 900 miles

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Production numbers from 2011-2014 indicate SCABs were roughly 5% of production. In 2010, all were SCABs, so that skews the Gen 1 figures.

IIRC, SCABs have a 26 gallon tank. Screws have a 36 gallon tank.

Personally, I prefer the looks of the SCAB which is why I've had 2. The Screws look too long IMO. I just can't picture Ivan Stewart tearing around a track in a Screw :D

It's also pretty cool to be in the 5%. Been at numerous Raptor meets where I have the only Scab.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Production numbers from 2011-2014 indicate SCABs were roughly 5% of production. In 2010, all were SCABs, so that skews the Gen 1 figures.

Personally, I prefer the looks of the SCAB which is why I've had 2. The Screws look too long IMO. I just can't picture Ivan Stewart tearing around a track in a Screw :D

It's also pretty cool to be in the 5%. Been at numerous Raptor meets where I have the only Scab.

I have a 2019 SuperCab coming in at the end of the month. Thought about keeping it, as I too think the SuperCrews kinda look funny.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i wouldnt touch it with a 10ft pole, only 900 miles in almost 6years isnt nearly enough to keep things lubed and circulating. You can almost guarantee that it has to problems lurking underneath.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i wouldnt touch it with a 10ft pole, only 900 miles in almost 6years isnt nearly enough to keep things lubed and circulating. You can almost guarantee that it has to problems lurking underneath.
Not necessarily.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Not necessarily.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

even if it sat inside climate controlled storage, nothing good comes from letting a vehicle sit for months, maybe even years at a time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
even if it sat inside climate controlled storage, nothing good comes from letting a vehicle sit for months, maybe even years at a time.

Do you have first hand experience? Or just the interweb?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Maybe exaggerated some, but definitely a bit of truth here.

Do you have first hand experience? Or just the interweb?

2007 GT500 bought in 2017 with 6000 miles. Poor bastard sat for so long without moving that when I went to swap the rear gears from factory 3.31s to 3.73s I found out the hard way that the pinion race was fused to the pinion shaft due to rust (in CA--go figure) from moisture building up inside the pumpkin and sitting for God knows how long.

I hammered on that bitch so hard (after removing the entire rear end from the car) that I sheered the pinion in half at the bottom of the threads.

Into a 10 ton press the whole axle went. Only after a retarded balancing act and damn near maiming myself did I get it to break free allowing me to then install the new gear set.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe exaggerated some, but definitely a bit of truth here.

2007 GT500 bought in 2017 with 6000 miles. Poor bastard sat for so long without moving that when I went to swap the rear gears from factory 3.31s to 3.73s I found out the hard way that the pinion race was fused to the pinion shaft due to rust (in CA--go figure) from moisture building up inside the pumpkin and sitting for God knows how long.

I hammered on that bitch so hard (after removing the entire rear end from the car) that I sheered the pinion in half at the bottom of the threads.

Into a 10 ton press the whole axle went. Only after a retarded balancing act and damn near maiming myself did I get it to break free allowing me to then install the new gear set.

Crazy.

I had a buddy two years ago buy a 2000 Cobra R with 387 miles on it. He picked it up on Tuesday, changed all the fluids Wednesday and Thursday and had it at the track on Saturday.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy.

I had a buddy two years ago buy a 2000 Cobra R with 387 miles on it. He picked it up on Tuesday, changed all the fluids Wednesday and Thursday and had it at the track on Saturday.

Yeah it was weird. Front wheel bearings went bad and made a shit ton of noise on that GT500 too. Maybe I bought a prior flood victim and didn't know it LOL.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

I like the look of the Scab better too

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread