2013 Octane Level

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
Why is everyone against octane booster ? I've never owned a car that had to take premium I just assumed I could use booster to get to 100 lethal performance and evo. Sell it can someone tell me why I shouldn't?

sknapp302

Established Member
Why is everyone against octane booster ? I've never owned a car that had to take premium I just assumed I could use booster to get to 100 lethal performance and evo. Sell it can someone tell me why I shouldn't?

"One "point" of octane boost is equivalent to one-tenth (0.1) of an octane number as listed on the gas pump. So, when a company refers to its octane booster raising the octane level by eight points, that actually means enhancing the pump-gas octane number from 91 to 91.8-big difference. Also keep in mind that octane boosters are not linear in their effect on octane numbers. In other words, adding two cans may increase the octane rating from 91 to 92.6, but after that, there are diminishing returns on how much octane will continue to rise."

Read more: Diagnosing Car Problems - Car Craft Magazine

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
"One "point" of octane boost is equivalent to one-tenth (0.1) of an octane number as listed on the gas pump. So, when a company refers to its octane booster raising the octane level by eight points, that actually means enhancing the pump-gas octane number from 91 to 91.8-big difference. Also keep in mind that octane boosters are not linear in their effect on octane numbers. In other words, adding two cans may increase the octane rating from 91 to 92.6, but after that, there are diminishing returns on how much octane will continue to rise."

Read more: Diagnosing Car Problems - Car Craft Magazine

larger image
Torco Accelerator Unleaded Race Fuel Concentrate (Case of 6)
$129.95
Torco Accelerator is not just another fuel additive.It's simply a RACE FUEL CONCENTRATE! With many of the same additives our race fuel possesses, Torco Accelerator is a blend of components which will transform the make up of premium pump gas to closely resemble race fuel. Torco Accelerator will lower the end burn temperature which will make your fuel burn more complete thus releasing all of the power that your engine has to offer. Efficiency equals horse power!

All this- while raising the octane of your fuel. Mix a 32oz can of Torco Accelerator to 10 gallons of 91 Premium Unleaded to make an efficient 102 octane race gas, mix with 5 gallons of premium unleaded to make whopping 105 Octane. Accelerator is unleaded, so it won’t harm sensitive O2 sensors or catalytic converters

Un-chain yourself from the drum!

Add to Cart:

Model: Torco32oz-Case

So this stuff is bullshit ?

VaporDude

Established Member
Didn't mean to open a can of worms but I have heard Torco is one of the best octane boosters out there and you do pay for it. That is good if you are running on the drag strip or autocross courses. If you use your car weekly or on trips, that would get to be quite expensive.

king Abdull

Established Member
+93 for sure ( Kuwait )
Gallon. 93 = 1.6 $
Gallon. 97 = you will be shook but here it comes 3.7 $
They use the 97 for the super cars with the prices began with 300K and up

sknapp302

Established Member
larger image
Torco Accelerator Unleaded Race Fuel Concentrate (Case of 6)
$129.95
Torco Accelerator is not just another fuel additive.It's simply a RACE FUEL CONCENTRATE! With many of the same additives our race fuel possesses, Torco Accelerator is a blend of components which will transform the make up of premium pump gas to closely resemble race fuel. Torco Accelerator will lower the end burn temperature which will make your fuel burn more complete thus releasing all of the power that your engine has to offer. Efficiency equals horse power!

All this- while raising the octane of your fuel. Mix a 32oz can of Torco Accelerator to 10 gallons of 91 Premium Unleaded to make an efficient 102 octane race gas, mix with 5 gallons of premium unleaded to make whopping 105 Octane. Accelerator is unleaded, so it won’t harm sensitive O2 sensors or catalytic converters

Un-chain yourself from the drum!

Add to Cart:

Model: Torco32oz-Case

So this stuff is bullshit ?

I would say for the added $2.17 per gallon it is bullshit. Give it a shot. No risk on my end.

Keep in mind that the the additive makes up 1/40th of the overall 10 gallon mix. I personally find it hard to believe that such a small quantity of this additive can have such a profound effect 10 gallons of fuel. If its too good to be true, it probably is. There are a bunch more articles on the ill effect of octane boosters. Feel free to research. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread