2013 Octane Level

VaporDude

Established Member
What octane are you using for your car? What does the owners manual say on what level of octane? I know my old 08 used 91 octane from the factory but after a couple of upgrades, I had to start using 93 octane. Just curious since they upped the size, horsepower and torque on these cars.

VaporDude

Established Member
There are some stations in my area that have 93 octane but the bulk of them are 91 octane. I would rather use the 93 octane over the 91 octane when I can. When you are on a trip, you can't really be too choosey. I really hate putting in octane booster.

Darth Racer

Established Member
What octane are you using for your car? What does the owners manual say on what level of octane? I know my old 08 used 91 octane from the factory but after a couple of upgrades, I had to start using 93 octane. Just curious since they upped the size, horsepower and torque on these cars.

I have an '11 Shelby, but it's been modded by VMP. I found a local speed shop that sells Sunoco 100 unleaded fuel. I decided to pay the extra dollars ($8.50 a gallon) and keep that fuel in the car. However, I don't drive it much....less than 1,000 miles a year. So, I don't spend that much on fuel, even at $8.50 a gallon.

Imanutjob

Established Member
All you can buy in Oklahoma City is 91 octane.... used to be a few places that had 93 but when gas prices went up they quit selling it...

specizripn

Established Member
Same here in Az. I wish these thing came flex fuel capable so we can run E85 in them. Az 91 gas is crap too :fm:

Well if you really wanted to, you could get bigger injectors, maybe a Boost A Pump, and some tuning and you can run E85... MORE POWER ON THE CORN!

Myfast70

Established Member
Well if you really wanted to, you could get bigger injectors, maybe a Boost A Pump, and some tuning and you can run E85... MORE POWER ON THE CORN!

Yeah, I know how to do it. I already have two E85 cars. Just wish it came from Ford this way.

I wonder how a boost a pump would work? I thought I read somewhere that the GT500 is a twin pump from the factory.

monsterpost

Established Member

I have done this on my Lightning, E85 is in town where I live so thats not a problem. It's the cost of converting the stock fuel system over that gets pricey and yes I think I'm going to do this to my GT500 whenever it gets here.

Myfast70

Established Member
You are correct.

Where could one find out if they would have enough capacity to supply E85 in proper amounts for this new beast? I would think the injectors will still have to be changed at minimum. Damn Ford, they just need to sell these already E85 capable.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Any of my cars that require premium, I only use 93, never put in 91.

Users who are viewing this thread