2013 Mustang Week First Timers

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
Well I've been wanting to go to Mustang Week for a few years now and finally have a chance. I suggested the event and what it is to my dad and he went from gloomy and bored to a kid in a candy store while talking to him on the phone. He's pumped to go. I live in WI and he lives in MI and we plan to meet south of MI and drive down. He's taking the 98 GT and I'm taking my 09 GT. I've read through some threads and checked out the website for event dates but would like some more info. We dont plan to party hard but have a good time. Any suggestions for first timers on where to stay and what to attend? I know its a little late to start planning but better late than never. Shoot me some ideas guys and gals. - Mike-E

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This will be my 4th year in a row and it is honestly an awesome time. There's a ton of stuff to keep you busy down there before or after the events. Just make sure you have ac in the cars haha. How far of a drive is it for you?

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
This will be my 4th year in a row and it is honestly an awesome time. There's a ton of stuff to keep you busy down there before or after the events. Just make sure you have ac in the cars haha. How far of a drive is it for you?

I mapquested it last night and its about 1200 miles or 22 hours. Both cars are equipped with A/C so thats a plus. Any recommendations on where to stay? Or should we just find a place and book it ASAP?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Holiday Sands South is great. Last year was our first year, and we had a blast. Going again this year. Search the threads here and also check out the Mustang Week website. There is lots of good info. Even with all of the events, there is still time jsut to chill at relax at MB.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
a ton of Mustang guys stay at Holiday Sands South. For that reason, I've always wanted to stay there... but it's just SO much cheaper for our bigger group to rent a house.

There's really no one particular area of Myrtle Beach that will get you closer to all the activities. They are spread around town pretty well, and Kings Highway allows for quick access from anywhere. They have built a ton of new hotels in MB over the past few years, so finding a nice clean place shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a list of the supporting hotels for Mustang Week:
Mustang Week

You will have a blast. The Mustang Week events are awesome, but you still have PLENTY of time to enjoy the beach with your family. There are a ton of great restaurants in Myrtle Beach, and that is one of my favorite things about it!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yea the last 2 years I rented a house being that with the people I go with the hotels were quite pricey. The house gives you so much more, I got one with a 2 car garage and a long driveway for the trailer lol

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
There are decent amount of us who stay in Ocean Lakes campground. Its a nice place but prices keep climbing. Still has some good deals and is great for the beach and not far from any of the activities.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
New plan for the first year goers. I spoke with the Padre on the deal and he asked if I objected to flying down there and renting a car. 3 hour flight and we're there and he'll fly down too from Michigan. Since it's our first years we decided it may be better to fly, check things out, and possibly next year take the rides to enjoy. The upside to the flying is he offered to pay for mine and my girlfriends tickets plus our hotel room. I'm thinking free mini vacation from work. Plus it'll be nice to get away from work and be catered to by others, other than driving a crap load and not enjoying my time away. Summer=Harley Season=Busiest time of year for this guy!!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Mike-E,
Either way you get there, I think you'll have a good time. We really try to plan the week's events so folks can have plenty of time to enjoy what Myrtle Beach has to offer and still make all the events. We've had people fly in and rent cars each year, some from the west coast. The down side, you don't have "your" car. The upside... you don't have to chase keeping a car clean all week. As for hotels, any that we list are good places, but in the end, it is still personal preference. The ones we list are those that offer a MW discount. I'd jump on the reservations sooner than later to make certain you get a good spot. See you this summer!
Brad Worley
MW Staff

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Yea the last 2 years I rented a house being that with the people I go with the hotels were quite pricey. The house gives you so much more, I got one with a 2 car garage and a long driveway for the trailer lol

what area of myrtle beach? and how close to the beach? id love a garage instead of a parking garage lol

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm not exactly sure how far but I believe it's just beyond the north end of the main strip. I used a rental agency. This is just how it worked out, last year out parking was under the house

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
Mike-E,
Either way you get there, I think you'll have a good time. We really try to plan the week's events so folks can have plenty of time to enjoy what Myrtle Beach has to offer and still make all the events. We've had people fly in and rent cars each year, some from the west coast. The down side, you don't have "your" car. The upside... you don't have to chase keeping a car clean all week. As for hotels, any that we list are good places, but in the end, it is still personal preference. The ones we list are those that offer a MW discount. I'd jump on the reservations sooner than later to make certain you get a good spot. See you this summer!
Brad Worley
MW Staff

Thank you! I am really looking forward to it now. It will suck not having my car but thats alright because keeping a black car clean isn't the easiest! I'm going to do some checking this weekend on a hotel and get reservations done. I know I really need a vacation. Why not have one with one of your favorite pass times, your dad, your favorite car, and girl friend!! Also should I just check your webpage for hotel listings? Thanks again!!

OhTwoGT

Established Member
check out mustangweek.com/forums and look at the hotels section, they list all of the hotel s that give discounts and theres also some people who post up hotels they've had good experiences with

qualls22

Established Member
I did exactly what you did on my first trip down to mustang week. I flew(only on the plane for 45 minutes) down not knowing anything and rented a car and still had a blast.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
I will check out the forums tonight and tomorrow and get the reservations set. I'm more stoked that this is a free mini vacation for my girl friend and me. It will suck seeing everyone else enjoying there rides while mine is sitting in the stable. But I know it'll be fun and allow us to figure out next year in advance!!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
buddy and me are heading down as first timers in his 2011 gt from Toronto Canada....its an 18-19hr drive one way for us...havent road tripped in quite a while, we are splitting the drive into 9-10hrs then hotel/motel for the night and finish the back half following day...we plan to leave the tuesday a.m and arrive wednesday p.m.....really looking forward to this event...

Users who are viewing this thread