2013 Mustang GT/CS with 3'' Trufiber Cowl Hood - PIC HEAVY

clean92lx

Established Member
Ive had this hood for a couple months now and decided to throw some pics up for everyone to see. The hood has a lot of prep work in it to get it straight and underside is prepped and painted as well. Anyway, on to the iPhone pics.

Stock Hood

00T0T_XHh8Px6txF_600x450_zps0bd0d126.jpg

Trufiber 3''

photo31_zps37491974.jpg

photo3_zps94ddcabc.jpg

photo4_zpsc255c44a.gif

photo2_zps127dfd7a.jpg

photo5_zps79d722b5.jpg

photo6_zpsd4f9d226.jpg

photo1_zpsb902bb4e.jpg

photo_zps820637de.jpg

photo23_zps0b574ec1.jpg

clean92lx

Established Member
Looks spectacular! How was the fit and finish?

The fit is ok but as I am very particular, I can see some imperfections in the lines that lead from the front of the hood to the back. It took a lot of prep work to get it straight and the body shop I used didn't bake it long enough so it started to warp a little a few days after I picked it up. I wanted to let it bake in the Texas heat for a month or two before I brought it back to get fixed which I'm about to do this week or next. The paint match is spot on with zero blending into any fenders or bumper so over all I'm happy

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
Looks killer. I debated between this and the cobra r hood. I could find any reviews on the trufiber so I ended up with the cobra r.

blackcoyote13

Established Member
What front grille are you running? Does it retain the factory grille or replace it completely with the billet grille on the top and bottom? Thanks

clean92lx

Established Member
Looks killer. I debated between this and the cobra r hood. I could find any reviews on the trufiber so I ended up with the cobra r.

Thanks, I couldn't find much on it either but I could tell it would look really slick so I gave it a shot.

What front grille are you running? Does it retain the factory grille or replace it completely with the billet grille on the top and bottom? Thanks

It's the stock GT/CS grille

Looks awesome! I can't wait to get the Cervinis Cobra R hood for mine.

Thanks. I went back and forth between this and cobra r. I like the cobra r hood and being able to get it shipped to the door already painted was a big plus but I decided this hood would be worth the extra trouble of getting painted on my own and glad I did.

Nuar

Established Member
Car looks awesome!
May I request some photos?
Driver's point of view inside, as well as how the hood looks opened by the windshield area?

clean92lx

Established Member
Car looks awesome!
May I request some photos?
Driver's point of view inside, as well as how the hood looks opened by the windshield area?
Sure thing. I'm out of town right now but I'll snap some when I get home. I can tell you this, visibility is fine with it and the hood comes within about 2 inches from the windshield when open. I think I'm gonna need hood struts though because when the hood prop is holding the hood up only on the driver side, it flexs/twists the hood and I think that's part of the problem with creases and bends forming in the hood. With hood struts lifting the hood equally on both sides, it shouldn't flex anymore
bad ass look the car looks so much meaner with the new hood
Thanks

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Since you have 2 inches of clearance still with the hood open, the struts should be ok. I know they open the hood more than the prop rod does.
Is it a lot heavier than the stock hood?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Looks amazing. Love how it extends back towards the windshield. Similar to a true lift-off style hood.

Does anyone has this hood on a 2011-2012?

Users who are viewing this thread