2013 GT500 with Stainless Works 1-7/8" LT headers.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Just finished up a round of mods on a buddy's 2013 GT500. It has the SW's 3" o/r x-pipe connected to the stock axle back. I am replacing it in the next few days with a 3" Magnaflow exhaust. Also installed a 15% overdrive ATI harmonic dampener and JLT CAI kit with a Cobra Jet throotle body. Last mods are Steeda upper and lower control arms. I will shoot a video of the Magnaflow for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Mobw4yFIb70

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Just finished up a round of mods on a buddy's 2013 GT500. It has the SW's 3" o/r x-pipe connected to the stock axle back. I am replacing it in the next few days with a 3" Magnaflow exhaust. Also installed a 15% overdrive ATI harmonic dampener and JLT CAI kit with a Cobra Jet throotle body. Last mods are Steeda upper and lower control arms. I will shoot a video of the Magnaflow for comparison.

2013 GT500 STAINLESS WORKS LONG TUBE HEADERS.AVI - YouTube

How was the L/T install? Thanks

buck24

Established Member
Sounds great, I have the exact set up on my 11 and have kept the stock mufflers, am interested to hear what the magnaflows sound like, please post a vid.

rford13

Established Member
Sounds really good, looking forward to video with the magnaflows.

BIRDDOC

Established Member

Sounds Great! That 15% OD Pulley will shock you with the new CJ TB. Now your really hauling ass:beer:

qachargh

Established Member
Those headers and the black Magnaflow comp series pipes just moved to the top of my birthday wish list.

Did you have any issues getting the midpipes to mate with the X-pipe?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

No tune?? :dw:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
How was the L/T install? Thanks

My only gripe would be you can not remove the driver's sdie motor mount. You can leave it loose and move it around but it is still in the way.

Sounds great, I have the exact set up on my 11 and have kept the stock mufflers, am interested to hear what the magnaflows sound like, please post a vid.

I believe the 2013 mufflers are more restrictive than my 2010. My 2010 with Dynatech LT's with a home made o/r x-pipe and stock mufflers is louder.

Sounds Great! That 15% OD Pulley will shock you with the new CJ TB. Now your really hauling ass:beer:

It's my buddy's 2013, not mine. It will be interesting to see who is faster this spring when we go to the track. I planned on installing a set of 4.10's in mine over the Holidays but ended up working on his 2013. I still have plenty of time. I think my 3.6 KB will put me ahead.

Those headers and the black Magnaflow comp series pipes just moved to the top of my birthday wish list.

Did you have any issues getting the midpipes to mate with the X-pipe?

It lined up really nice. Fords new clamps on the 2013 suck. They have a new locking tab on them and they never really got loose. It's hard to move them. The Magnaflows have new clamps.

No tune?? :dw:

I put a Jon Lund tune on it.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
It's my buddy's 2013, not mine. It will be interesting to see who is faster this spring when we go to the track. I planned on installing a set of 4.10's in mine over the Holidays but ended up working on his 2013. I still have plenty of time. I think my 3.6 KB will put me ahead.

Haha! With your KB 3.6 I think you'll be just fine! I'm sure you will both have a blast at the track :)

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I hate to resurrect this old thread, but for some reason I can't find a straight answer on this. On a car with a 10% lower pulley, intake, TB and tune, what kind of additional gains could you expect to see with long tubes and h pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread