2013 GT500 VMP Gen3 TVS results.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
so,in a stock Trinity pump gas, all bolts on ,and 17 psi how much hp will be?
Regardless of exact numbers, the Gen 3 at the same boost will make more power and run cooler.
As we've discussed, the Trinity and 2R are both more than enough to push the envelope on pump gas.
If you're going Gen 3, hopefully you can run a better octane fuel or at least an octane additive for a race tune on occasion. It'll feel like a new animal with 100rwhp on race tune.
-J

rwleonard

Established Member
I am particularly interested in the "run cooler" part of that answer. I was wondering (hoping) if the Gen3 would make it possible to get in the 700-750 whp range, while generating less heat than stock or Gen2R at that same power level. For HPDE's and such.

P.S. - Just thinking down the road; does anyone here know if our stock Trinity can be made to work on a 2013 Raptor? :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I am particularly interested in the "run cooler" part of that answer. I was wondering (hoping) if the Gen3 would make it possible to get in the 700-750 whp range, while generating less heat than stock or Gen2R at that same power level. For HPDE's and such.

P.S. - Just thinking down the road; does anyone here know if our stock Trinity can be made to work on a 2013 Raptor? :)
I made 755rwhp on a stock Trinity with bolt ons and 19psi with a safe 93 tune.
The Gen3 will need less boost to make that same power and due to both lower boost and greater efficiency will have lower discharge temps.
How much cooler is TBD but VMP has been sharing that info so we will eventually know.
VMP makes a TVS Raptor kit I believe and the Trinity with elbow should fit if a Gen 2R does but the 2R will make a few more ponies.
A TVS blown Raptor would be fun!
-J

rwleonard

Established Member
"Trinity with elbow should fit if a Gen 2R does but the 2R will make a few more ponies."

I was just thinking the Raptor would make a handy place to put the take-off Trinity if I go Gen3 on my GT500. And yes, it should be a hoot!

Thanks!

rwleonard

Established Member
I agree! I may be able to pull it off this fall, if the damn stock market will get it back together.

Cornfed Shelby

Established Member
8053AD91-45E3-46B7-9598-9A29DBD6E1A8.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
940/853 on E85 with 2.8 upper at
19psi?
Stock lower crank pulley?
Any engine mods or cams with built motor?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice I’m going to start with a 2.6/15% and hoping boost stays 20# thru 7200-7500rpm. That power you have will be a handful on street!
What cams?
Good luck
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice combo! What timing?
Drop to a 2.4/2.5 upper and crank it up to 1000rwhp!
Any pics?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread